December 6th, 2019

Zoe caught Mallory's swinging foot and started tightening the skate on her foot. 

"Mommy, this bench is cold." Mallory whined.

"Well then it's a good thing that you're wearing your snow pants, isn't it?" Zoe asked. Mallory sighed and crossed her arms. Mallory has refused over and over about wearing snow pants, insisting that she didn't need them. Evan wheeled the stroller over to Zoe and put the break on.

"How's our little figure skater?" Evan asked. 

"Still refusing to wear snow pants." Zoe sighed.

"Why don't you and Mommy have to wear them?" Mallory whined. 

"Because Mommy and Daddy are adults." Evan said. Mallory scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Okay Mal, you're all done! Get out there girl!" Zoe cheered, helping Mallory up. She strapped Mallory's hockey helmet onto her head and Mallory started walking towards the crowded rink.

"I'm gonna wait for Daddy." Mallory decided.

"Oh?" Zoe asked. 

"It's very busy." Mallory said. Zoe smiled as Evan quickly pulled on his skates, typing them tightly.

"Okay Mal! Are you ready?" Evan asked. Mallory nodded and grabbed Evan's hand. The pair walked onto the ice and Evan spun around backwards, grabbing Mallory's hands, pulling her along the ice. 

Zoe smiled and tied on her skates. she took the brake off the stroller and wheeled it on the ice. Tia began babbling to herself.

"WATCH OUT MOMMY!" 

Zoe looked behind her and saw Evan holding Mallory under her arms and was speeding across the ice. Zoe smiled as she heard Mallory's shrieks of laughter.

Tia continued to babble and Zoe took the cover off, leaving the bottom half draped over Tia's body. 

"Hi my sweet baby." Zoe whispered. Tia looked up at her with wide eyes as Evan zoomed past her again and Mallory screamed happily. 

After a few more laps, Evan stopped beside Zoe and Mallory grabbed her mother's hand.

"Come on Mommy! Daddy can take Tia and we can go skate!" Mallory said.

"Okay Princess. But Mommy doesn't go fast like Daddy does, okay?" Zoe explained. 

"Yeah, because Mommy can't skate very well." Evan joked. Zoe whacked Evan's arm and he laughed, taking off with the baby.

"Careful with that stroller!" Zoe yelled. She watched as Evan's pace slowed significantly. She clutched Mallory's hand and Mallory laughed.

"Don't worry Mommy, I won't let you fall." Mallory said, giggling. Zoe smiled and wobbly pushed forward, faltering and Mallory giggled.

"You can do it Mommy! I'll go slow so you don't fall." Mallory said. Zoe smiled and squeezed Mallory's hand. 

"Thanks Mal." Zoe said. Mallory took both of her mother's hands and skated backwards, helping pull her mother forward. Evan skated up behind them.

"Look at you Zo, you're killing it." Evan said smiling. Zoe laughed as Mallory continued to help her mother balance.

"You're doing good Mama." Mallory said. Zoe smiled.

"Thanks baby girl."