The Third of December

christmas bedding

Zoe watched as Mallory sat at the kitchen table with her head in her hands.

"What's wrong baby?" Zoe asked, sitting beside Mallory.

"My bed is cold at night." Mallory sighed.

"Are your sheets not keeping you warm?" Zoe asked, brushing hair out of Mallory's eyes.

"No not reeeaaaaally." Mallory sighed. Zoe smiled and stood up from the table.

"Come with me Mal, I think I've got something for you." Zoe said smiling. Mallory frowned and followed her mother upstairs.

"Mommy look at Peppermint Sparkle!" Mallory laughed, pointing at the chandelier.

Peppermint Sparkle was hanging from the chandelier by her hands and Zoe smiled.

"You have a crazy elf, my love." Zoe said as she climbed the stairs to the linen closet.

The door opened with a bit of a pull and Zoe grabbed a pair of pink candy cane sheets out.

"These are some nice warm flannel sheets for your bed. How about we go put them on and then you can help me do it for Tia's bed and Mommy and Daddy's bed?" Zoe suggested. Mallory nodded and the pair walked into Mallory's room.

+++

The next morning Mallory walked downstairs looking much happier.

"Were your sheets good Mommy?" Mallory asked.

"They were! What about yours princess?" Zoe asked. Mallory smiled and hugged her mother.

"They were so warm."