December Third

"Zoe! Come here! Zo, you have to see this!" Evan said.

Zoe put her book down and got up, walking over to where Evan stood, looking out the window. Zoe's fascination with the snow had worn off a few hours after their snowball fight the day before.

"What is it?" She asked, looking out the window, her hand on his arm.

"Look at the kids over there! Look what they're doing!" Evan said. Zoe looked where Evan was pointing and saw two kids building a snowman.

"You want to build a snowman?" Zoe asked. Evan nodded and Zoe sighed.

"I don't know babe, I mean, I would love to but it's minus 25 outside." Zoe said. Evan looked at her.

"Come on Zoe. One snowman. Then we can come inside." Evan offered. Zoe looked at her boyfriend and smiled.

"Okay. We can build a snowman." Zoe said Evan smiled and kissed her.

"You are the best!" He shouted.

Zoe smiled as Evan started pulling his snow pants on. Zoe walked over to the front hall and grabbed her snow pants out of the closet and started to pull them on.

"Come on babe!" Evan said excitedly. Zoe smiled and pulled her boots on, followed by her coat and her hat. By the time her mitts were on, Evan was already running towards the back door. Zoe followed him and saw Evan packing a small snowball.

"Evan, that better not end up in my face again." Zoe warned, with a smile on her face.

Evan smiled and started making it bigger.

"Zo, you start making the middle and I'll make the bottom and then we can make the head and decorate him!" Evan said excitedly.

"Evan, I can't remember the last time I saw you this excited over snow." Zoe said laughing, as she started to make a snowball of her own.

Evan shrugged and continued to make the snowball bigger until it was up to his knees. Zoe packed more snow onto her snowball and Evan looked at her.

"Awesome! We need to stack them!" He said.

Zoe carried her snowball over to Evan's and stacked it on top. Evan picked up more snow and started to make the snowman's head. Once he finished he put it on top of the two other snowballs. He stepped back and Zoe smiled.

"Okay. He needs a face and a hat and buttons and a scarf!" Evan said excitedly. Zoe smiled.

"Okay, so carrot nose, wood chips for the eyes and the buttons. And what for the mouth?" Zoe asked. Evan shrugged.

"Don't know. We'll figure it out." Evan said. Zoe smiled and walked towards the house.

"Wait where are you going?" Evan asked.

"To get a carrot and a hat and a scarf." Zoe said. Evan smiled and she walked inside.

She reappeared a few minutes later with a handful of supplies. She put the hat on the snowman's head and wound the scarf around the snowman's neck.

Evan picked up the carrot and put it in the middle of the snowman's face, just under the eyes. Zoe smiled and looked at the mouthless, emotionless snowman.

"He needs a mouth. He looks sad." Zoe said. Evan looked at her.

"What should we make it out of?" Evan asked.

Zoe shrugged.

"I don't-" She suddenly gasped walked over to a tree. She pulled a curved twig off the branch and stuck it on the snowman's face.

"There! Now he's perfect!" Zoe said triumphantly. Evan smiled and took Zoe's gloved hand in his own.

"What's his name?" Zoe asked. Evan smiled.

"What do you think it should be?" Evan asked.

"Don't ask me!" Zoe said smiling.

"Okay fine, how about..." Evan trailed off.

"He looks like a Charlie." Zoe said. Evan smiled.

"Charlie the Snowman?" Evan asked. Zoe nodded and Evan smiled.

"Okay. Charlie the Snowman Murphy-Hansen." Evan said. Zoe laughed and kissed Evan as more snow started to fall.

"We should get inside. I can't feel my feet." Zoe said. Evan laughed and led her towards the house. They walked into the house and Zoe shut the door with a smile on her face.

"Do you think Charlie will be okay by himself?" Zoe asked, looking out the window.

"I'm sure he'll be fine Zo." Evan said, pulling his jacket off.

"Should we make him a friend?" Zoe asked. Evan laughed.

"I'm sure he'll be okay Zo." Evan said. Zoe nodded and pulled her coat off. Her boots and snow pants followed and she walked into the kitchen.

"Do you want some hot chocolate?" Zoe asked. Evan nodded.

"Yes please." Evan said. Zoe smiled and grabbed mugs out of the cupboard looking out the window.

She had to admit, Charlie Murphy-Hansen was a very good looking snowman.