<42>

Sanem had taken a walk down to the pier to think about the offer Aziz made for her Cream Business. Leyla had told her she had enough money to get it going, make any renovations and purchase any inventory she would need. As she was sitting at the end of the pier, Aziz come along. He asked her if he could sit down beside her. She let him. "How are you on the beautiful day?" Aziz asked. "I am find Aziz bey. Just sitting her thinking!" ..... "What are you thinking about Sanem? Is there anything I can do to help?" ..... "No, I am just trying to decide about your offer and Can." Sanem says "Have you decided? What about Can?" Aziz sat there waiting patiently for her to answer.  "He is your son Aziz bey. You really can't help me with that. But as far as your offer, I am close to making a decision. Just weighing out the pros and cons!" They both were staring out across the water. After a while Aziz spoke up "Sanem, can I give you some advice. Remember I promised to not pressure you about the offer. Don't be afraid to leave your old world. Be brave enough to travel into the unknown. Dream with the Dreamers and do what you thought was the unthinkable. Discover unless possibilities. Don't let fear control you. Don't let comfort determine where you stay. Let the curiosity, adventure, diversity lead you, with that you may just find what you need. Don't  be afraid of getting lost, find your direction, find your soul and most of all find yourself. You my dear are the only one that has the power and determine your journey. Listen to your heart." Sanem sat there taken in what she was hearing. She knew Aziz was full of wisdom. She really liked him because of his positive attitude toward life. If he didn't have that he would not be the successful man that he was. "Aziz bey, my life has became very messy, confusing, complicated and chaotic. Broken things don't always get fixed and people who leave don't always come back. I totally get what you are saying but, bumps in the road are unavoidable, unexpected things happen. I stopped believing in New Beginnings. I really messed up so much in the past. I can't even make decisions based on my apprehension right now." ..... "Sanem, make the decisions on how you want life to be. Stop saying the what if's. No moment is perfect, if you do you will be waiting forever. There is only now. Take the chance. You're allowed to be nervous and scared. But, taking that risk can be life changing for the better. Allow yourself to grow, with no regrets. Believe in the possibilities, take that chance. You may loose what you already have or you'll gain more than you couldn't ever imagine. Take the plunge Sanem, I know and feel you will do well." ..... "I guess your right. I sure have had my pain and failures lately. Maybe it's time for me to show up and not give up. I use to believe anything was possible. What people see on the surface doesn't even begin to understand what lies within. I need to get back to the way I use to live and love. Embrace life experiences good or bad. The darkness can't hold me there anymore. I need to bring back the light. Aziz bey, I once was unstoppable. I choose from this moment on to start responding with perseverance and passion again. Thank You for helping me seeing thing  differently."Sanem reached over and gave Aziz a big hug and layed her head on his shoulder he then spoke "Despite all the destruction that this storm brought you. It gave you the strength and let in the light of fire in you. You just need a small spark of strength to light the darkest moments. Never under estimate it Sanem, you are much stronger than you think." Still with her head resting on his shoulder. Sanem's eyes began to water as she was taking in everything Aziz had said. After awhile of listening to the birds chirping, the sound of the water chasing against the shoreline, Sanem said these final words " Aziz bey, its time to take that plunge. I except your offer. But, let me announce it to everyone. He smiled down at her as she was looking up at him with her beautiful brown eyes, all he could say to her was good and placed at kiss on top of her head. They were still sitting there when Mihriban and Can came walking down the pier. Can was filling up with tears seeing his father and the love of his life leaning on each other. He reached in his pocket for his phone and took a picture. Aziz and Mihriban went back to the house leaving Can and Sanem standing on the pier. She looked up at Can and said " Can, after my time away. I was able to think about alot of things. I am very tired of trying to get you back. I know you don't like me." ..... "Sanem, that is not true!" ..... "Let me finish Can, You left as always I stayed. You understand me more than anyone else. Your not the same and either am I. You were the one that I wanted to travel around the world with. Its not meant to be. You live your life and let me live mine." Can stood there just looking in her eyes  "Sanem...... you have suffered the most. I tired but, it was not enough. I should of tried harder. I am sorry for that." ...... " Can, We tired everything in our power but, it just didn't work out. Trust is the most difficult thing we face. Until we can learn to trust each other, not be two sided and become one. I hope that the both of us can be friends and good neighbors." Sanem walk away leaving Can standing there alone and he says " I hope so to Sanem!" with tears in his eyes wanting more.