<73>

Can heard his phone ping and read the text. He was back at his Cabin and tried to leave  Sanem alone even though he was worried sick about her. He knew she needed time to gather her thoughts from the days event. It was a big relief when he saw the text. < I LOVE YOU TOO! Good night sweetheart. Glad you are spending time with your parents. Take the weekend and re-group. You need this. I will see you soon KISS KISS> Can could now relax now that he finally heard from Sanem. He settled down for the night and went to sleep. The next morning Nihat and Mevkibe said there goodbyes to Sanem and she handed them a piece of paper with all the information on the place she was staying out. It was about a hour in a half drive away.  Nihat turned to Mevkibe "Do you mind opening the store, I need to go talk to Can." ......."Sure, may I ask what you want to talk to him about"  ......"He said something the other week about asking me for Sanem's hand in marriage. I think its time to give him my answer" Mevkibe was beside herself when she heard what Nihat said. She hugged him and pushed him out the door. Mevkibe always had a soft spot for Can and took him in as a son. She just prays that Sanem would accept his proposal. She headed to the store to open it and Nihat jumped in the van to head over to Can's. When Nihat arrived he went to Aziz and Mihriban first. He saw Can doing laps in the pool while they watched. He walked up to them "Good Morning Nihat, what brings you here so early. How is Sanem, Can said she stayed with you and Mevkibe last night" ...... "She is fine. She left a short while ago to go away for the weekend  to re-group. I need to talk to you all about something" By this time Can came out of the pool to dry off ...... We are listening, have a seat" Nihat sat down, Mihriban poured him a cup of tea. Can joined them at the table waiting to hear what Nihat had to say.              " Sanem, came to us last night and told us about everything that had happened yesterday. She is at a place right now on what to do about her life. We had a very long talk about her future. Don't get me wrong, she is relieved to be done with all the threats she had hanging over her head. My question to you Aziz, are you planning to rebuild from the fire and is the insurance company covering the damage?" ......"Yes, Nihat they are supposed to be cutting me a check on Monday. I was planning on sitting down with Sanem to see if she wanted to rebuild her business and proceed with the contractor to repair it." ......"Good, she wasn't sure if she wanted to but, Mevkibe and I convinced her to not let go of her dream. We even told her you would probably tell her the same. She agreed and this time away will help her to re-group and come back ready to achieve her goals. But I am really here to talk to Can." ......"Do you want us to leave so you two can talk!" Aziz said ......No, you and Mihriban can stay because this is about their future." Can looks over at Nihat and speaks "So what is it you want to talk to me about Nihat bey. I am listening" ......"Well Can, Mevkibe knows why I am here also. She is opening the store for me so as a Father I am here to talk to you on behalf of Sanem" Can didn't know what to say and just sat there waiting "Well Can, you know the conversation you had with me last week. The one subject I told you we could discuss some other time. I think its time to have that talk!" ......"Ok" said Can. Aziz and Mihriban looked upon them with curious eyes. "Can son, you have proven so much over this hardship Sanem had been dealing with. You came back from the Balkans and when you heard everything that had happened to her, well you stuck it out. You were there when she didn't see, you did things she didn't know. You supported her even when she didn't let you. You have shown so much Love for her and it shows through you actions." ......."Nihat bey, I never stopped loving her. We both were in a hard place and I left to get my head together and had every intention of returning. She is my world." ......"I know, thats why I came to you. I just want you to know that you have my upmost approval to ask her hand in marriage." Aziz and Mihriban looked at each other surprised to hear this. "Nihat bey, I sit here with my Father as a witness to promise to take care, support and protect her for the rest of my days on this earth." ......"I know you will without a doubt. Let her have this weekend to herself. She has so much to sort out in her head. She told Mevkibe and myself that you asked her to move in with you recently and with everything she has been through she hasn't had time to sort things out. We told her it is a decision for her to make and if she decides to we will not go against what she wants. I as her father hate to see her hurting and sad. If that's what she wants we are fine with it. We just want our happy Sanem back." ......"Yes, I want that to. I will leave her be and not contact her unless she reaches out first." ......"Thank You Can" Nihat said as he reaches over to shake his hand and pull him in for a hug. Nihat gets up to leave when Aziz stood up and shook his hand. Both Father's walked away as they reached Nihat's van Aziz said "I had no idea Can asked you about that." ......"He said something about talking to me and I thought to not wait and let him ask her. You have raised some very good respectful men Aziz. I have been blessed to have my daughters meet such good people. We as Father's only want what's best for our children and most of all want to see them happy. Can and Sanem have been through so much. It has shown us the Love they have for one another didn't break them. They are strong and I know their marriage will be strong also" ......" Yes, I totally agree with you on that. Thank you for your blessing, You have one hell of a special daughter and Can deserves someone like Sanem. She has helped him in ways you are not aware of. Have a good day, we will see you soon" They shook hands and parted as proud Dad's.