<49>

"Hello Fikret, I have been waiting for your call. What did she say?" There was a pause on the phone, both their breathing was all you could hear. "Well Can, after her hearing it all layed out and with a little bit of hesitation she accepted it. We set a date for Friday at 10am. Will that work for you?" Can smilled on the other end, Aziz saw that it was a done deal. He raised his hand up as the two of them gave a high five. "I will see you both on Friday". Can said as he hung up the phone, Aziz poured them both a glass of whiskey and toasted. Mihriban walked out and Azz filled her in on what had conspired. She smiled and told them she was going over to check on Sanem and make sure she was ok. When she approached the house, Sanem was sitting on the couch with Denise. She had been telling her about the book and Can was the photographer. Mihriban looked at Sanem and said "I heard about the deal. Are you ok? I was worried, so I came over to check on you." Sanem glanced at her with a very uneasy expression "I am nervous, can I ask a favor of you Mihriban?" She went over to Sanem and hugged her "whatever you need my sweetheart" Sanem layed her head under Mihriban chin "Would you please be there.".... "Yes dear, it will be fine". The two women hung around with Sanem as they comforted her drinking a glass of tea. Mihriban left to head back to the house as Sanem and Denise settled down and went to bed. Can and Aziz were still sitting outside when Mihriban got back. "How is she?" Aziz asked "She will be ok, just nervous about the photo session. She asked me to go with her." Can sat there feeling like this may have been a mistake. "Maybe I should ask Fikret to find someone else to do this"......"Can listen, it will be fine trust me. You both need to do this. She trust you. And this could be the connection both of you need to help your relationship get back on the right path." Mihriban told him. "This is what you want don't you son"? Aziz responded. "Yes Baba" Mihriban and Aziz went over to her house to leave Can alone to think. Friday arrived  Can went to the office to grab his camera and told Deren to hold the fort down today. He told her if everything got done on schedule to let everyone go home early and he would see them on Monday. Sanem drove Mihriban to the Health Center and waited for Can and Fikret. Everyone was so happy to see Sanem. The two of them were sitting in the office talking to the head lady in charge when the receptionist knocked on the door to let them know the Photographer and the Publisher were there. She told the young lady to bring them back to the office. Mihriban introduced Can and Fikret the Zeynup. She was the Head Supervisor of the Mental Center. She noticed the eyes contact betwen Can and Sanem. Quickly she spoke "OK, where would you like to start. I must accompany you throughout the ground." Can said "Since we are inside let's start here. Than we can go outside." Zeynup and Mihriban guided them to many rooms. Such as the cafeteria, a library, a counseling meeting room and a empty patients room. Can took photos of everything he was shown. No patient photos were allowed to be taken due to confidentiality. They all went outside so Can could photograph the beautiful areas of meditation, a patio area with tables, the waterfront and the front of the building. He than asked Sanem if he could take pictures of her in various places that she would sit. He had her stand leaning against a tree looking out to the sea. Than had her sit down on one of the pillows that were placed under the tree. He even had Mihriban and Zeynup join her as if they were having one of their therapy sessions. After that was done, they all headed over to a picnic table at sat down to talk some more. Fikret many questions as so did Can. Both men were impressed with the whole place. Mihriban and Sanem told Zeynup that they needed to head out. She hugged them both and wished Sanem good luck on her new book. She even told her she read the first one and enjoyed it very much. The women said there goodbyes. As Sanem began to leave Can said "Sanem, I will view the photos and develop them. I'll call you so we can pick out the front cover for Fikret." Sanem said ok and waved goodbye. Zeynup sat back down with the two men. "Sanem seems to be doing very well. It was really tough at the beginning but, what I've seen in her today she is healing well!" Zeynup said Can looked down as tears began to fill in his eyes. Fikret got up and told Can he needed to get back at the office and to call him when the photos were ready. Zeynup looked over at Can "Are you ok? You seem upset and uncomfortable" Can raised his head with tears running down his cheeks. Zeynup reaches over and places her hand on top of his.