122

Emma's POV

"I still can't believe you predicted the World Cup right." Ali says as I look at our line up for today's game.

1-Emma Harris (C)
2-Emily Sonnett
7-Abby Dahlkemper
12-Tierna Davidson
15-Casey Short
8-Julie Johnston
22-Kristie Mewis
3-Sam Mewis
11-Mallory Pugh
13-Alex Morgan
23-Christen Press

"I still can't believe you won a hundred grand on your bet." Ash says.

After the Game against Canada last month I decided to put my game check on my pick to win the World Cup and luckily France won so my bet made me 100 grand.

Like I predicted in November of 2021, the US reached the Round of 16 after getting second in their group then they lost 4-1 to France.

After the Men's team lost I stayed quiet on social media so as not to piss anybody off with my opinions on the Men's Team performance.

"Same." I say as we stop outside the Johan Cruyff Arena.

We're in the Netherlands for our first friendly of the December window.

The weather is probably gonna play a major factor in today's game because it's around 35 degrees and raining.

After the bus stops everyone grabs their bags then we get off the bus, head inside the, and head to the locker room.

When I get to my locker I take my AirPods out, take out my nose ring, take off my necklaces and my rings, then I put my jewelry and AirPods in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I put on my long sleeve Red undershirt, my warm up top, then I put on my game shorts. I then sit down in my locker, put my long long curly brown hair up in a ponytail, put on my socks and put on my black and gold boots.

After my boots are on I tape my wrists, hands, and fingers then I put on my black and white keeper gloves before I head onto the field with the other keepers.

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the keepers for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my Red keeper jersey while the coaches do their last minute talks.

After the last minute talks are over we are told to head to the tunnel so I grab my towel and water bottle then I head to the front of the line in the tunnel.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so I lead our team out onto the field

Once on the field we stand in a line and stand in silence for the Dutch anthem.

When our anthem starts, myself, Emily, Sam, and a few more ladies all take a knee.

From my spot in the front of the line I can't see who else is kneeling.

After our anthem plays we shake hands with the refs and the Dutch team then I do the coin toss with the Dutch captain.

Once the coin toss is done with I head to our bench and do our team huddle.

After our team huddle I lead Shadow to the sideline.

"Stay here Shadow." I say then Shadow barks and licks my face.

I smile at my Service dog and pet her head then I grab my towel and my water bottle and head to my goal.

Once I'm at my goal I hang my towel on the net, put my water bottle outside the net, then I stand in my goal as the game kicks off.

"LET'S GO GIRLS." Kelley shouts from the bench. "YOU GOT THIS."

- - - - -

"You just had to save every shot?" Daan asks as we talk after the game.

We won 1-0 thanks to a last minute goal from Sophia Smith, who scored on a corner after the ball bounced out to her.

"Well that is my job." I say as Shadow sits at my feet.

"You couldn't let in even one for your favorite Arsenal player?" Daan asks.

"We all know you're not her favorite Arsenal player." Viv says. "Or her favorite Midfielder."

"Or her favorite Short person." Jill says.

"Still coulda let one in." Daan mumbles.

I roll my eyes at the Dutch midfielder then I bend down and pet my Service dog.

"Hi girl." I whisper as Shadow looks up at me. "You okay?"

Shadow yips, but she doesn't smile so I squat down and wrap my towel around my black lab then I wrap my arms around her.

"You cold Girl?" I ask.

Shadow lazily smiles at me then she nuzzles her head into my neck.

Note to self.

Buy Shadow a doggie vest or a jacket.

"Can one of you go get one the puffy jackets from my teams sideline?" I ask as I look at my arsenal teammates.

"Yeah." Viv says before she runs over to the sideline, grabs one of the gray puffy jackets my national team has, then she returns with the jacket.

I take the jacket from the Dutch forward and put it on then I scoop Shadow up in it and Zip it up around us.

"I got it." Jill says then she zips up my jacket while I hold my dog.

Once the jacket is Zipped up I stand up, grab my water bottle and towel, then I carry Shadow off the field and into the tunnel.

"IF YOU'RE BY A HEATER FUCKING MOVE." I shout as I walk into our locker room.

"What's going on?" Alex asks as I sit down next to one of the heaters.

"Shadow's cold and I think she might have hypothermia." I say as unzip the jacket I'm wearing. "I know none of you are vets, but if you have any advice right now I'd gladly take it."

"Lemme look at her." Freya says then she sits next to me and Shadow and checks over my dog.

"I'm sorry girl." I say when Shadow whines.

"Emma your phone's going off." Crystal says.

"Hand it to me please." I say then Crystal does.

Once I have my phone I see I have a shit ton of missed calls and a lot of messages, but only two stand out to me.

Freckles❤️: CALL ASAP

Freckles❤️: The kids are sick