37

Emma's POV

"Arsenal football club are proud to announce the three newest signings for the club." Some lady says as she looks at a camera. "Please welcome Christen Press, Julie Johnston, and Emma Harris."

Once it was safe to travel, Jessie and I packed our stuff up, packed the kids stuff up, chartered a flight over to England, then we went into quarantine in our apartment in London for 14 days.

Now that our quarantine is up we can sign for our new clubs.

Jessie signed with Chelsea a couple days ago while I'm signing for Arsenal today.

It sucks we can't be on the same team, but at least we're in the same city together.

"You're number one?" Christen asks as we look at our new jersey's.

Christen's wearing number 23 and Julie's wearing number 2.

"Yeah." I say. "Manuela Zinsberger moved club so I took number one."

"Sweet." Julie says then the press conference starts.

Once the press conference ends, my teammates and I put our masks on then we leave the Arsenal training center and head into London to meet Tobin, Jessie, and the twins for lunch.

When we get to the lunch place we head inside the restaurant and find the people we're meeting for lunch.

"Hi Beautiful." I say as I sit down next to my girlfriend and take off my mask.

"Hi Sharky." Jessie says then she leans into me and kisses me. "I ordered for you."

"Thank you." I say then our food arrives so I dig in.

Over the course of lunch we talk about random stuff.

"Julie where are you staying?" Jessie asks as we finish our lunch

"I'm staying a few doors down from Christen and Tobin with Crystal and Tierna." Julie says.

Crystal, Tobin, and Tierna signed with Chelsea on loan for the year.

Most of the national team player pool signed loans with clubs in Europe so we can actually have national team camps before the Olympics while America gets it's shit together regarding COVID.

The only three national team player pool members that signed permanent deals are myself, Sam, and Rose.

"That's a few floors below us." I say.

"I guess that means we can carpool then." Christen says.

"Guess so."

"Which means me, Jessie, Crystal, and Tierna and the kids can carpool." Tobin says.

"Cool." Jessie says.

"I guess the kids are gonna go with you to training?" Christen asks.

"Most likely." Jessie says. "The doctors at both of our clubs have told us how we can keep them as safe as possible at training, at games, and in public."

"What are you two gonna do about the kids during games?" Julie asks.

"Who ever has a game at home will take them to the games otherwise I'll most likely take them so I can feed them." Jessie says as I get a notification on my phone.

"You three wanna go watch the champions league draw at our place?" I ask.

Christen, Tobin, and Julie nod so we pay for our food, put our masks on, then we leave the restaurant.

"You're worried a lot about your kids aren't you?" Christen asks as we walk back to our apartment building

"Yeah." I say and sigh as I look down at my kids in then stroller I'm pushing. "I don't want them to get sick."