7

Emma's POV

"Hi Emma"

"Emma."

"Emma."

"Emma."

"Earth to Emma."

"Huh what?" I ask and look up from my textbook.

"Can you take a break now?" Bella asks. "The drinks are here."

School started back up a week ago after spring break finished and today I'm having my a Sunday lunch date with Kylie, Kendall, Bella, and Gigi.

"Uh sure." I say then I close my textbook and put it back in my backpack.

"What are you studying for?" Kylie asks as my soda is placed in front of me.

"I have a test in one of my Marine Biology classes on Wednesday" I say.

"How do you think you'll do?" Kendall asks.

"I think I'll do pretty well."

"So how's your last semester going?" Gigi asks.

"It's going good." I say. "Tomorrow's gonna suck though."

"What's going on tomorrow?" Bella asks.

"I have a meeting with the Dean of the College of Letters & Science tomorrow."

"Why?" Kendall asks.

"One of my professors from my freshman year is finally getting in trouble for being racist so I have to talk to the dean about everything that happened in the class."

"Was the professor racist to you?" Kylie asks.

"Yeah, but he has a lot of tenure so nobody did anything when I spoke up about it."

"Well that's stupid." Bella says.

"Welcome to America." I say

"What'd he say to you?" Kendall ask.

"He said that N words like me need to go back to our shit hole countries and stop taking white kids spots at UCLA." I say.

"Emma can I ask you something?" Gigi asks.

"Sure."

"How do you describe your skin tone?" Gigi asks.

"Um if I need to do like a descriptive essay about myself then I'll describe my skin tone as light brown, olive, tanned, or caramel depending on what I think my skin color looks like that day." I say. "But if it's just in normal day to day conversation then I'll say I'm a light-skinned black woman."

"I know your Mom was born in Germany, but where was your Mom's parents from?" Kendall asks.

"Nigeria and Ghana." I say. "Mom's dad was from Nigeria and Mom's Mom was from Ghana, but both their families immigrated to Germany."

"How'd they meet?" Kylie asks.

"They met at a college in Munich I believe." I say as our food arrives. "Bella did you order for me?"

"Yeah." Bella says.

"Well thank you." I say and kiss the brunette's cheek.

"How'd you two's date go?" Gigi asks as she points between Bella and I.

"Good." Bella says while blushing.

"Think It'll go anywhere?" Kendall asks.

"No." Bella and I say in unison.