134

Emma's POV

"Oof." I say as I sit down behind my name tag.

I have to do a pre match press conference before tomorrow's game against England at the Panthers stadium here in Charlotte

"Up Girl." I say then Shadow jumps into the seat next to me and sits next to me. "Good girl."

Once Shadow is sat next to me I notice a sports drink bottle from a company that I've never heard of is sitting in front of me.

"Not sponsored by them." I say then I grab the bottle and sit it in the chair on the other side of me.

I'm not about to give anybody free promo.

"Ready Vlatko?"

"Yep." Vlatko says.

"Ready Emma?" Heif asks.

"Yep." I say.

Heif nods then he intros the press conference and asks for questions.

"Emma what was your reaction when you found out that your club Real Miami signed Dzsenifer Marozsán, Toni Duggan, and Claudia Pina?" Some man asks.

Dzsenifer, Toni, and Claudia are joining Real Miami after the World Cup

"I was over the moon." I say. "All three of them will bring a lot of experience to the locker room to help us win the CONCACAF Champions League as well as keep competing for League titles."

"Emma what is your reaction to a former employee of yours stating you never paid her for the year she worked for you?" A dude asks.

I knew this bullshit would come up.

Some random chick said she use to work for me at my Food Delivery service HQ and she accused me of not paying her.

"Sir that woman has never worked for me and I'm already taking legal action against her." I say. "And I have documentation to proof this."

"Has this accusation caused you to evaluate how you pay your employees?"

"My employee's start off getting paid 30 bucks an hour and they're able to earn more pay through promotions." I say. "They also get performance bonuses and other bonuses throughout the year so no, I'm not gonna change the way I pay my employees."

Another man asks me a non football related question which pisses me off.

"I'm only hear to talk about the football match tomorrow and anything related to football." I say. "So unless you have a football question I'm done here."

"Emma do you think the inclusion of so many women of color is hurting the national team?" A male reporter who's notorious for twisting my words asks.

"You did not just ask that." Vlatko says. 

"Fuck you." I say to the reporter.

"Get him out of here." Heif says then the reporter is escorted out. "And bar him from ever gaining a press pass."

Once the dude leaves more men start asking questions which pisses me off so I only answer with one statement.

"I'm only here so I don't get fined." I repeatedly say.

Once all the men have given up, the women are finally allowed to speak without being talked over.

"Emma after the last match some of the England players said that every team they play fears them." Some lady says. "Is that true?"

"We fear nobody." I say.

"Emma what have your feelings been surrounding France's Appointment of Jill Ellis to be their next head coach." Meg Linehan asks.