60

Emma's POV

"Please." I ask. "I promise I won't break anything."

"Oh Fine." Kim says. "If you break anything skating on the frozen lake then that's on you."

We're in Norway to play LSK Kvinner the first leg of the Champions League Round of 16.

Tomorrow's the game, but today we have the afternoon and evening to do whatever we want and right now the team is walking around Lillestrøm.

"Yay." I cheer then I head over to the skate shake and rent some skates.

After I have my skates I return back to the team then sit down and put on my skates

"Since when do you know how to ice skate?" Christen asks.

"My father took me on his holiday's with his second wife's family and I learned to skate then." I say.

"I fucking hate that dude." Jordan says as I finish putting on my skates.

"He's dead so it's fine." I say.

"What'd you mean he's dead?" Christen asks as I look at my service dog.

"Stay here Shadow." I say.

Shadow yips and licks my face then I head out onto the frozen lake to skate on my own.

"EMMA." Jordan yells, but I ignore her and continue skating on the frozen lake.

As I'm skating around the lake my phone rings so I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sharky." Jessie says.

"Hey Freckles."

"So the team know about your father now?"

"Yeah." I say. "I'm guessing they called you."

"Christen did." My girlfriend says.

"I'll talk to them after I'm done skating." I say.

"You're ice skating?"

"Mhmm."

"I still want you to teach me to skate." Jessie says.

"Alright." I say and make a mental note to find a place I can take Jessie skating.

"Well we're about to board so I'll talk to you later." Jessie says.

"Alright." I say. "Kiss the kids for me."

"I will."

"I love you Jessie." I say.

"I love you Emma."

"Bye Freckles."

"Bye Sharky." Jessie says then we hang up.

After I hang up I decide to head back to the girls since the sun is setting.

"Your father's dead?" Julie asks as I sit down and take off my skates.

"The reason the cops we're so close to my father when he tried to kidnap the twins was because they were following him to investigate him for hurting children." I say then I look at the team. "Somehow this info got out in the prison and he was killed."

"When'd you find out?" Jordan asks.

"A month ago." I say. "After the NWSL Draft."

"Are you okay?" Viv asks.

"I'm fine." I say. "He deserved it."

"You're not wrong." My cousin says.

"Holy fuck." Christen says