68

⚠️N-Word Usage Warning⚠️

Emma's POV

"Alright can you test for us?" One of the USWNT Media people asks as I lower my red keeper jersey.

"Testing...testing....Testing...I really want some pasta." I say into the mic.

We play Italy today and I'm being mic'd up for a US Soccer YouTube video.

The mic is connected to my sports bra.

"Alright we're good."

"Sweet." I say then Shadow and I head back to my locker.

As Shadow and I walk back to my locker I look at the line up on the bulletin board.

21-Emma Harris
5-Kelley O'Hara
7-Abby Dahlkemper
4-Becky Sauerbrunn
19-Crystal Dunn
9-Lindsey Horan
3-Sam Mewis
20-Kristie Mewis
11-Mal Pugh
13-Alex Morgan
23-Christen Press (C)

After I've checked the line up I grab my towel and water bottle then Shadow and I head to the front of the line in the tunnel and stand behind Christen.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so Shadow and I follow Christen out.

Once on the field we stand in a line for a few seconds then we head to our bench and do our team huddle.

After our team huddle I lead Shadow to the sideline.

"Stay here Shadow." I say then Shadow barks and licks my face.

I smile at my Service dog and pet her head then I grab my towel and my water bottle and head to my goal.

Once I'm at my goal I hang my towel on the net, put my water bottle outside the net, then I stand in my goal as Alex kicks off the game.

"Well this is gonna be a shit show." I mumble when I hear what the Italian's behind me are saying. "A huge fucking shit show."

- - - - -

"Nice Job Emma." Becky says and high fives me then we walk towards the locker room.

As I'm walking off the pitch I wave to the former USWNT players who are here.

US Soccer decided to fly out the retired members of the 15ers squad as well as some of the legends.

I also wave at my girlfriend, our kids, and the Canadian's that came to the game.

Canada beat Switzerland yesterday and they flew in here this morning since they play Italy here in a few days.

I was able to get ten tickets for the game so Jessie, our kids, Kailen, Desiree, Christine, Shelina, Jordyn, Janine, and Adriana came to the game.

After I wave to everyone I head inside the tunnel and head to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I sit in my locker and relax while Vlatko talks about stuff.

When Vlatko finishes his talk we head back out to the field.

"I hear them saying it too." Crystal says as we walk back to the goal. "Vlatko's making the ref aware that they're saying it."

"The refs won't do shit." I mumble then I head to my goal.

Once at my goal I hang my towel up then put my water bottle on the outside of the goal as Italy restart the game.

In the 47th minute, as I'm about to take a goal kick, a banana lands in front of me so I pick it up, peel the banana, eat the banana, then I boot the ball upfield.