1

Emma's POV

"Can I talk to you two?" I ask as I look at the two older keepers.

"Of course." Hope Solo, the uswnt keeper coach, says then she, my cousin Ashlyn Harris, and I walk away from the team "What's on your mind Emma."

"Germany and England contacted me and asked if I'd accept a call up." I say. "And I'm seriously considering it."

My mother was born in Germany and my father was born in England so I'm eligible to represent both Germany and England as well as America.

"Why?" Ash asks.

"I'll never get to play here." I say. "Not as center back and especially not as a keeper. I've been on this team consistently since January of 2015 and I haven't played one minute of any game."

In January of 2015 there was an injury crisis of defense so I was called up to provide some depth since I can play center back even though I'm naturally a keeper.

Once I was called up to the national team in January of 2015 I remained on the team and was apart of the 2015 World Cup squad which was awesome, but I didn't play a single minute which sucked.

I was the youngest player on the 2015 World Cup squad at the age of 18.

After the 2015 World Cup I attended UCLA on a soccer scholarship and at UCLA I've played every game in goal and i've become a 4 year all American.

Lauren Holiday and Sydney Leroux we're very happy I chose UCLA considering I had full ride offers from UNC, Virginia, USC, Florida State, and Texas.

I also got to go to the Rio 2016 Olympics, but I was an alternate defender so I didn't play.

After Hope's incident at the Rio Olympics I've consistently been called up to the national team as the third choice Keeper but Jill hasn't given me any game time.

"I know it sucks." Hope says. "But I promise you that you'll be the US number one one day."

"I don't know if I'm willing to wait." I admit.

"How about we talk more about this when we get back to America." Ash says.

I sigh and nod then we head back to our gate in the Heathrow airport.

Yesterday we played Spain in our second January friendly and we won 1-0 thanks to Christen.

Earlier today we flew from Alicante to London and now we're all taking separate flights to America

"So Emma." Becky says as I sit down next to Ali. "Any offers from clubs?"

I didn't declare for the 2019 NWSL College Draft.

"Um From the NWSL I had Seattle, Utah, Sky Blue, Houston, and Washington contact me." I admit. "But they all wanted me to be a center back so I told them no."

"What about overseas?" Ali asks as I release my long curly brown hair from it being in a pony tail.

"Um I've had a few in England, Spain, France, and Germany contact me, but I told them I'm focusing on my degree first then I'll make a decision on where I want to play." I say then I hear my flight being called. "See you ladies later."

I grab my stuff, head to my plane, get on the plane, sit in my seat, then I sleep until I'm woken up in LA

Once I touchdown in LA I take my phone out and check twitter and I wish I hadn't.

The first thing I see is a picture of my girlfriend of two years, Hailey Baldwin, kissing Justin Bieber. The next thing I see is another photo that shows Hailey leaving his house in the early hours of the morning clearly having just had sex.