132

Emma's POV

"You ready?" Jessie asks as she comes out of the bathroom of our New York Hotel.

I got sick in Australia so I didn't play in either the Australia or the New Zealand game which sucks.

Now is SheBelieves time and Canada is one of our opponents so Jessie and I are able to share a room since Canada and the US are sharing a floor while the other teams are also sharing a floor.

"Yeah." I say then I grab my phone, my wallet, and Shadow's leash then my family and I leave our room and head down stairs.

Once we're down stairs we meet the Five D's and their significant others, except for Rocky since she and Costa Rica are playing in the Algarve cup this year.

"Ready?" Ali asks as she adjusts her hold on Avery and Athena.

"Yep." I say as Kingsley holds my free hand.

"Then let's go get fitted." Ali says then she and Ash lead us to where we are going.

Instead of wearing tracksuits on game day, US Soccer wants us to wear blazers with the US Soccer crest on the breast pocket, white button down shirts, dress pants, and Chelsea boots.

Right now is the Five D's and our significant other's time, except Jessie, to get fitted for our blazers, button down shirts, and dress pants.

I don't know why US Soccer want us to no longer wear Tracksuits, but the Five D's told me to not fight it and I took their advice.

"Here we are." Ali says then she leads us into some suit store

Once in the store Ali and Ash do all the talking then we're lead to a private room.

"We don't have to buy these ourself right?" I ask as I notice a price tag.

"US Soccer is paying for everything." Ash says.

"Thank fuck." I say. "I'm not paying that much for a blazer."

"Emma you're first." Ali says.

"Alright." I say then I stand up and get measured for my suit.

"Mama big." Hazel says.

"Mama is very tall." Jessie says.

"You're taller than Sam right?" Becky asks.

"By an inch." I say.

"How tall do they think the twins will be?" Christen asks.

"Between 5'6" and 5'11"." Jessie says as I'm handed a blazer, a shirt, and dress pants.

After I'm handed the stuff I head back to a dressing room and change into the clothes then I head back out to the group.

Once back with the group, the suit people do whatever they need to do then I'm told to go change so I do before I join my wife on one of the couches.

"Mama." Kingsley says with a smile then I move him to my lap.

"Hey Bubba." I say with a smile then I kiss my son's head.

"Can I color?" Kingsley asks.

I nod then I grab the fish coloring book and crayons from the backpack Jessie and I carry when we have the kids.

"Here ya go." I say then I set the coloring book down on my lap.

"Thank you." Kingsley says then he grabs his crayons and starts coloring.

After Kingsley starts coloring I grab Hazel's Animal coloring book and hand it to her then the twins color in silence while their Mommy and I watch over them.

"Your outfits will be ready in May when you ladies play here." The lead dude says.

I guess we're done.

"If your playing in the champions league I'll get yours and bring it to LA." Ash whispers. "They have a store there where we can get it tailored if it needs to be tailored again."

I nod then my wife and I pack up the kids' stuff.

"Ready?" Christen asks then Jessie and I nod. "Then let's go get ready for the game."

- - - - -

"PLEASE WELCOME TO THE MOUND TO THROW OUT THE FIRST PITCH." The Yankee Stadium announcer says. "US WOMEN'S NATIONAL TEAM PLAYER CRYSTAL DUNN."

"YEAH CRYSTAL." Ali shouts as Crystal walks out to the mound.

Tonight's the Final of the World Baseball Classic and all four teams playing in SheBelieves are at the game.

The four teams are the USA, Canada, France, and England.

The Final of the World Baseball Classic is between the USA and the Dominican Republic and it's taking place at Yankee Stadium.

Once Crystal gets to the mound she waves a bit the she throws a strike right down the middle of the plate which earns a big cheer.

After all the pregame shit ends everyone sits down then I look at the line up for the American's in the program.

1. 50-Mookie Betts RF
2. 22-Christian Yelich LF
3. 27-Mike Trout CF
4. 99-Aaron Judge DH
5. 35-Cody Bellinger 1B
6. 28-Nolan Arenado SS
7. 26-Matt Chapman 3B
8. 13-Max Muncy 2B
9. 10-J.T. Realmuto C

"Who's pitching?" Ash asks as Jessie intertwines our hands.

"Gerrit Cole." I say then I bring my wife's hand to my lips and kiss it.

"Emma how'd we get these seats?" Sonnett asks from the row behind me.

"I know some guys." I say.

"YELI." Kingsley shouts when Christian Yelich gets to the on-deck circle.

Even though the game is in America, the US is the visiting team.

"Hi Buddy." My friend Christian Yelich says then he high fives Kingsley through the net.

After Christian and Kingsley high five, the baseball player waves at Hazel then he gets focused.

"You know him?" Kristie asks.

"When I went to UCLA myself, Christian, Cody Bellinger, and Baker Mayfield would work out with each other during the winter." I say.

"He got us these seats?" Sonnett asks.

"He and USA Baseball did." I say.

"Mama I'm hungry." Kingsley says.

"Someone will be by in a minute to take our order." I say then a Yankee Stadium person comes by to take our order.

Once our order is taken we all watch the game until our food comes.

"Thank you." I say as I take the food from the waiter dude.

Once I have my family's food I pass it out to everyone then we eat as we watch the top of the second.

"GO BELLI." Kingsley shouts as Cody Bellinger walks into the batters box.

"I think we have a future baseball player on our hands." Jessie whispers in my ear making me smile. 

"I can't wait for his little league games." I say.

"Me too Sharky." Jessie says as she leans her head on my shoulder. "Me too."