61

Emma's POV

"Let's go warm up Shadow." I say.

Shadow yips then she and I follow the other keepers out to the field.

We play France today in the first game of the Tournoi de France and I'm starting in goal.

Once on the field myself and the keepers look around the stadium.

"Oh how I've missed crowds." I say.

"Same." The other keepers say.

"You ladies ready?" Our interim keeper coach asks.

Hope was promoted to Vlatko's Assistant so now we have an interim keeper coach.

The Five D's and I know that Ash is going to be the next keeper, but we can't say anything until she retires then she and Ali will join Vlatko's staff.

"Yep." Ash says then we jog to our goal.

"Stay here Shadow." I say

Shadow barks then she sits down next to our keeper coach while we warm up.

At the end of warm ups I see some dude in a vest trying to grab Shadow.

"HEY MAN." I shout as I run toward the prick trying to pick up Shadow. "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TOUCHING MY DOG. CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S A SERVICE DOG?"

When I get to the man in the vest I push him away.

"The fuck's wrong with you?" I ask then someone from US Soccer comes over to talk to the man.

"Fucking idiot." Ash says.

"Let's go get dressed." Alyssa says

I nod then Shadow and I follow the two A's to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I look at the line-up

21-Emma Harris
5-Kelley O'Hara
4-Becky Sauerbrunn
8-Julie Johnston
19-Crystal Dunn
9-Lindsey Horan
3-Sam Mewis
16-Rose Lavelle
17-Tobin Heath
13-Alex Morgan
23-Christen Press (C)

After I look at the line-up I head to my locker.

When I get to my locker I change out of the training top and change into my Baby Blue keeper jersey while the coaches do their last minute talks.

After the last minute talks are over we are told to head to the tunnel so I grab my towel and water bottle then Shadow and I head to the front of the line in the tunnel and stand behind Christen.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so I follow Christen out.

Once on the field we stand in a line and stand in silence for the French Anthem

When our anthem starts, myself, Christen, Sam, Becky, and a few more ladies all take a knee.

After our anthem plays we shake hands with the refs, and the French team then we head to our bench and do our team huddle.

After our team huddle I lead Shadow to the sideline.

"Stay here Shadow." I say then Shadow barks and licks my face.

I smile at my Service dog and pet her head then I grab my towel and my water bottle and head to my goal.

"Ah." I say as I look at the American fans behind the goal. "I missed this."

- - - - -

"Tu crains." I say as I walk past the French coach. "Peut-être que si vous traitiez mieux vos joueurs, ils joueraient pour vous...Je détesterais te voir devenir la prochaine Jill Ellis."(You suck...Maybe if you treated your players better they'd actually play for you...I'd hate to see you become the next Jill Ellis.)