108

Emma's POV

"So who's the new chick?" I ask as the national team and I get ready for training

The national team were asked to play Pre-Euro friendlies against Switzerland and Norway in England so they can get a feel for the England stadiums.

A few days ago the national team played Switzerland up in Milton Keynes and we won 4-0, but I didn't play since it was a few days after the Marathon.

In a couple of days we play Norway at the Brentford Community Stadium. 

"Some high schooler that Vlatko's trying out." Christen says as I put on my boots.

"What a cute doggie." The high schooler says then she pets Shadow.

"Please stop touching my Service dog." I say.

"She's fine." The high schooler says as she continues petting Shadow.

"Sweetie I'm asking you nicely to stop distracting my Service Dog." I say. "If I have to ask again then you'll be going back to America with a broken nose."

"Come on Kat." Mal says. "Let's go over here."

"I told her not to touch Shadow." I say as Mal and the high schooler walk away then I continue getting ready.

Once I'm ready for training I kiss Shadow's head then we head over to the goal with the other keepers to do our training.

A long while later we're called for full team training so I stand in my goal while Shadow sits next Charlie like she always does during team training.

As I'm waiting for a shot on goal I notice the high schooler trying to be a show off.

"Fuck's sake." I mumble after I've had enough of the high schoolers bull shit then I run at the high schooler and slide tackle her hard.

"WHAT THE FUCK." The high schooler screams.

"That coast to coast shit may work in High school, but it won't here." I say as I head back to goal. "Do it again and I'll make sure you don't train again today."

The high schooler huffs then the 8v8 drill continues.

A couple minutes later my team is passing around the back when the high schooler slide tackles Tierna very late.

"HEY." I shout as the high schooler stands over Tierna and taunts her then I run at her.

When I get to the high schooler I shove her to the ground.

"Don't you ever do that again" I say as I tower over her. "Tierna's fucking hurt and you're celebrating?"

"The fuck's wrong with you." The high schooler asks.

"You never celebrate a tackle over an opponent, especially not like that." I say. "Just get back to your position and celebrate afterwards."

"Who the..."

"Who the fuck am I?" I question. "I'm Emma fucking Harris and if you celebrate a tackle like that or injure a teammate in practice again then I'll two foot you into the stands."

Once I've said what I need to say I go check on Tierna, see she's fine, then I get back in goal

Moments later it starts to rain.

"Alright ladies." Vlatko says. "Lead's head back to the hotel.

- - - - -

"Here you go." I say as hand the captain's armband to one of the equipment people.

Apparently the team voted to make me permanent captain once they found out I'm back playing football and back on the national team.

We beat Norway 2-0 with goals coming from Catarina and Sophia.