46

Emma's POV

"Hi Emma." Daisy, one of the social media people for the USWNT, says as I approach her table.

"Hi Daisy." I say. "Um I have an idea I wanna run by you."

"What's up?" Daisy asks.

I talk Daisy through my idea and by the end of it she's smiling

"I'm not the person who gets final say on that thing, but I'll run it up the flag pole and see what I can do."

"Awesome." I say. "See you on the bus."

Daisy nods so I grab my stuff then I head to the bus.

Once on the bus I sit next to Ali and relax on our way to the Volkswagen Arena.

We're playing Germany today in our first international match since SheBelieves.

"Woah." I hear Pinoe say.

"What?" Crystal asks

"Look at our lineup they just posted." Pinoe says so I, along with everyone else takes out their phones, goes on social media, and checks out the line up.

Breonna Taylor
Tanisha Anderson
Rekia Boyd
Kathryn Johnston
Atatiana Jefferson
LaTanya Haggerty
Alberta Spruill
Kendra James
Malissa Williams
Sandra Bland
Shelly Frey

The line up is our normal 4-3-3 formation, but in place of our pictures and names are the name's and faces of some of the Black women that have died at the hands of the police.

"Hey Daisy." Ali says. "Who's idea was this?"

"The person your sitting next to."  Daisy says with a smile.

"Emma?" Ali questions as she, along with the rest of the team, look at me. "This was your idea?"

I nod.

"How'd you come up with this?" Pinoe asks.

"Well since we're wearing the name's of all those different black women on our jerseys today I thought this would be a cool idea." I say then I shrug. "Everyone knows our name's and faces, but they don't know many of the women who's name's we'll have on the back of our jersey's...I kinda wanna change that."

"If I could kiss your head I would." Ash says.

"Rain check." I say as we pull up to the stadium.

Once the bus stops I grab my stuff, get off the bus, then head to the locker room.

As I walk into the locker room I see the line up for today's game so I take a peek at it.

21-Emma Harris (C)
11-Ali Krieger
4-Becky Sauerbrunn
12-Tierna Davidson
19-Crystal Dunn
9-Lindsey Horan
16-Rose Lavelle
3-Sam Mewis
17-Tobin Heath
13-Alex Morgan
23-Christen Press

"Why am I captain?" I ask.

"You thought of all of this." Christen says. "You had the idea of putting all these names on our jerseys and doing everything that we're about to do today so you deserve it."

We're wearing shirts that say "Arrest Breonna Taylor's Killers" as well as masks that say "Say Her Name" and were doing some more stuff.

"Okay." I say then I head to my locker.

When I get to my locker I take my AirPods out, take out my nose ring, take off my necklaces and my rings, then I put my jewelry and AirPods in my bag.