73

Emma's POV

"There we go Shadow." I say as I finish putting on her vest. "All ready to go."

Shadow barks then she pounces on me and licks my face.

"Whatcha doin Emma?" Christen, my roommate for this trip, asks.

"Little help." I say then Christen picks up Shadow.

"There we go."

"Thanks." I say then I get up and go into the bathroom and wipe the dog slobber off my face.

Once my face is dog slobber free I head back to the bedroom, grab my phone and wallet, then I grab Shadow's leash and follow Christen out of our room and down to the lobby.

"So." Christen says as we wait in the lobby. "You ready to do this?"

"I've been ready for a long time." I say as Desiree Scott, Christine Sinclair, Jordyn Huitema, and Shelina Zadorsky come into the hotel.

"Hi Emma." Desiree says.

"Hello." I say then Christen and I hug the Canadian ladies.

"You ready to do this?" Shelina asks and I nod. "Then let's go find an engagement ring.

In a few days we play the Second leg of the semi-final of the

Today I'm looking at engagement rings for Jessie and since Shelina and Jordyn play for PSG and Desiree and Christine play for Lyon I invited them to come help me and Christen look.

The 6 of us leave the hotel then we walk down the street to the jewelry stores.

"I know I should probably know this, but when do you three join up with your NWSL Clubs?" I ask as I look at Christine, Desiree, and Shelina.

"If all goes to plan then after the Olympics." Shelina says.

"Are you three definitely going back to the NWSL?" Jordyn asks.

"Yep." Christine, Desiree, and Shelina say.

"Are you going to Miami Christen?" Desiree asks.

"That's the plan." Christen says.

"Oh." Christine says then she looks at me. "Pinoe and Sue wanted me to ask you if Lauren Simpson called you."

"Has she called me since when?" I ask.

"Since the Italy incident."

"No she hasn't." I say. "And I don't expect her too."

"She hasn't apologized for saying what she said?" Christen asks.

"Nope." I say. "And she probably won't."

"Why do you think that?" Shelina asks.

"Megan and Sue said Lauren was drunk when she tweeted, but she tweeted her statement at 9am her time." I say. "So unless she's an alcoholic she meant what she said."

"Do you want Lauren to call you?" Desiree asks.

"I don't really care." I say as we get to the first jewelry store then we head inside.

Once in the jewelry store I do all the talking since A, I'm the one looking for an engagement ring and B, I'm the only one who knows French.

Over the next few hours I try my hardest to find the perfect engagement ring in the many jewelry stores.

"I guess I'm gonna have to look in London." I say as we walk around the last jewelry store.

"I'll help you look if you need it." Christen says.