20

Emma's POV

"Why the long face Emma?" Ali questions as we pull up to the airport.

We just got done with the parade through NYC and now we're about to fly to LA to go to the ESPY's.

"I'm gonna be the only person without a date." I mumble as the bus stops.

Once the bus stops everyone grabs their carry-ons then we leave the bus and get on the plane. After I get on the plane I sit down next to Alex then Christen sits down next to me in the aisle seat as Ash, Ali, and Tobin sit in the three seats facing us.

Once we're all sat down, the six of us talk until we're up in the air.

After we get in the air, everyone except myself starts putting on make up for the ESPY's tonight.

"Are you gonna put make up on Emma?" Christen asks as she looks into a mirror and puts make up on.

"Um...I don't really know how to do all that fancy make up stuff so maybe just some basic stuff." I say. "I'll probably just do my normal routine."

"What's your normal routine?" Alex asks as she also looks into a mirror and puts make up on.

"Hold on." I say as I get out my make up bag from my back pack then I get out the list that Ali made me. "Here."

"Who made this for you?" Christen asks as she and Alex look at the routine I follow daily.

"Ali." I say. "She told me what to get, wrote out a list of what to put on in what order, then she sent me a video of how to put everything on."

"You still have that?" Ali asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"When did she write it for you?" Ash asks.

"When I was 15 I believe."

"What are you wearing tonight Emma?" Tobin asks.

"A navy suit." I say as I start doing my make up routine.

A few minutes later I finish doing my make up so I put my things away then I take a nap for the rest of the plane ride to LA.

"Wake up Emma." Alex says

"No." I mumble then I wrap my arms around the woman. "Sleepy time."

"No." Alex says. "Sleepy time later."

"Fine." I mumble as the plane stops.

After the plane stops I open my eyes, grab my bags, then I follow everyone off the plane. Once off the plane we get on a bus then we head to the hotel we'll be staying at tonight. When we get to the hotel we get off, grab our bags, get our room keys, then head up to our rooms and change out of our clothes and put on our clothes for tonight.

After I finish dressing I put on my jewelry then I grab my phone and wallet before I head downstairs to meet the team. Once down stairs we wait a few minutes for everyone to get down to the lobby, and once everyone does get to the lobby, we get on a bus and head to the ESPY'S.

When we get to the ESPY'S we walk the red carpet into the theater then everyone takes pictures with their dates for the evening.

"Ma'am your date is here." One of the camera people says.

"My date?" I ask then the camera woman points to my right so I look towards where she's pointing

"Sorry I'm late." My favorite Canadian says.

"Jessie?" I ask with a smile.

"Hi." Jessie says with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as Jessie wraps an arm around me.

"I heard you needed a date." Jessie says with a smile then she turn towards the camera. "Now smile and look pretty."

I smile at Jessie as I wrap an arm around her waist then I kiss her head before I turn towards the camera and smile.

After Jessie and I take our pictures we move over to the other players who have taken pictures with their dates then I hug Jessie.

"Hi." Jessie says.

"How are you here?" I ask.

"Well a certain right back texted me and said that my favorite American keeper needed a date to the ESPY's." Jessie says then she adjusts my tie. "You look Beautiful Emma."

"As do you." I say as I look Jessie's dress over.

Jessie smiles at me then I look for the certain right back who invited my crush to be my date.

When I do find the right back I walk over to her and hug her.

"Thanks Ali." I say as I hug my soon to be de facto sister-in-law.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ali says with a smile then she winks.

I playfully roll my eyes at Ali then I return back to my date and talk to her.

Jessie and I talk for a little longer then everyone is lead to their seats so I escort Jessie to our seats.

Once my date and I are seated we quietly chat while the award show happens.

I couldn't give a damn about this award show.

I really just wanna go home, get some food, and spend some time with Jessie.

"And the ESPY award for Best Team goes to the United States Women's National Team." I hear someone say as I'm talking to Jessie.

Moe taps me on my shoulder so I stand up, hug Jessie, then I head up to the stage with my teammates.

"Alright Emma." Moe says. "I'm gonna need you to help me onto the stage."

"Alright." I say then Moe grabs onto my elbow.

Once Moe has a hold on me I escort her onto the stage then we stand on the stage while one of the more prominent players makes a speech.

After the speech is over we walk offstage to a back stage are to take pictures.

"What are we doing after this?" I ask once the pictures are done being taken.

"Food with our dates." Becky says

"Thank fuck." I say. "I'm starving."

"Same." Sam says as we head back to our seats.

Once I get back to my seat I look at Jessie.

"We're going to get food after this." I say. "Would you like to come with us?"

"I'd love to." Jessie says.

"Awesome." I say and smile.

"Do you have any ideas on where to go for date number 2?" Jessie asks.

"I have a couple." I say.

"Where?"

"I want it to be a surprise." I say. "So you'll just have to wait and see."