•five•

*corrina is 5'5 btw:)*

Corrina

My headaches died down, but now I was extremely exhausted from doing all this reading, and from the long day I've had.

I was to distracted thinking about my fathers whereabouts, and if Corbin was doing okay home alone.

He's fifteen- and has already dealt with a great deal of pain from this world. As his sister, all I want is for him to grow up and be happy.

And knowing that will happen out of luck- it hurts my heart for him. For father. The scouts, and of course humanity.

I'm immensely proud of him for joining the military so that he can help save people just like my dad and I did.

But, I'm scared. I'm so frightened that one day he will go on a mission and won't come back.

That will be the worst thing to ever happen to me. Losing him.

Even so, I'm educated and strong enough to conclude that living in this world and joining the scouts means death.

As horrific and sorrowful that is- is a fact. And I've known this since I was a child. And I've been okay with living with that fact, even if it is horrible.

It's expected.

Suddenly, the door to Levi's office swung open- an out of breath Stephan standing with a face full of condolence. 

Just what the hell is going on? A breach? Did the Titans get through the walls?

Levi stood up with his eyebrows raised from confusion, and I followed suit, rising to my feet as I sped-walked over to Stephan.

"Who told you that you could walk in without knocking first? Tch. Let me guess, your immature Captain?" Levi asked as he looked up at me.

Stephan shut the door, taking a deep breath before speaking. "With all do respect, sir, please don't say that about my Captain."

My eyes dilated from shock, simply because I've never heard Stephan talk back to a higher up before. Let alone the Captain Levi, who was known for beating soldiers for insubordination. And he did it for me.

Levi's face shot a intimidating look to Stephan, and I knew that all hell was about to break loose, and we don't even know what he had come to tell us.

Levi stepped forward, but, Before anything could happen, I grabbed his wrist gently- causing him to glare up at me with his jaw clenched.

"He obviously has news. Let's hear what he has to say, and I'll deal with him later." I reassured, trying to sway Levi to calm down.

He yanked his arm out from my grasp and let out a sharp 'tch'.

"Fine. What is it?"

I became nervous the moment Stephan's eyes squeezed shut, the words he needed to speak not
wanting to come out.

"My patience with you has already wore thin. Spit it out- now." Levi harshly ordered.

Stephan nodded his head, but refused to make eye contact with me. The pit in my stomach began to twist into a knot.

"The MP's found your father, Captain."

If it was good news, he wouldn't have been struggling to say it that much. And that's when I assumed the worst has happened, but, it's like I said before, right?