•fifty-two•

It's been quite awhile since I've updated but a lot has been going on and to be honest I've been losing interest in writing, which I never thought would happen. However I powered through this chapter due to my long ass hiatus.

Anyways I just thought I owed y'all an explanation. And This chapter deals with heavy topics so make sure to read the tw.

- TW: major suicidal thoughts. Survivors guilt. Suicide attempt.

-

It had been a couple days since Hange, Corrina and Levi ran into those scouts who were threatening to kill them. In retaliation, Corrina blindly murdered them in cold blood.

They continued on towards the main battle, but it wasn't long before they came across even more trouble. Pieck, a titan shifter from Marley was with a little girl named Gabi and a couple others but Corrina didn't care to learn their names.

At this point, Corrina was too exhausted to disagree with Hange's idea to team up with the same people who attacked Paradis.

Her brain was scrambled, but at the same time void. She was still freshly being tormented by her brothers death, and taking care of the battered Levi who barley came into consciousness.

She was scared. Scared that the next time she checks his breathing, his chest won't be rising and falling. If Levi was to die, Corrina truly believed living was not worth it anymore.

Life was just pain followed by pain. Death followed by death.

Corrina was currently sitting on the grass with her knees bent. Levi was still on the wooden wagon next to her, sleeping.

The rest of the group was sitting around a well lit fire. Night overtook the skies, the air turning a bit cooler.

Hange looked over their shoulder to glance at Corrina with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. The blondes hand was full of dirty grass, as she mindlessly played with it- staring vacantly into the soil.

They were at a loss with how to make Corrina feel better. Hange was beginning to think it would be impossible, due to how much Corbin meant inside of her heart.

She seemed numb and empty. Her pools of blue now dull and void. Face glued into a vacant, distant thin line that displayed no emotions.

Deep in Corrina's mind, she was wondering why she kept on fighting. Not even physically, in the war or against others. Fighting in terms of her inner self.

Some piece of her from the past is constantly screaming at her to keep going because she still has people who need her.

But a bigger piece of her doesn't care at all. The piece is slowly but surely encasing her brain, desperately trying to take her. Trying to win and force Corrina to submit and parish.

It's a war within her mind, but at the same time it doesn't feel like a battle because the small piece of hope isn't strong enough anymore.

What would happen if she gave in to temptation? What would happen if she surrendered herself to the dark abyss of sleeping forever?

Levi would be okay. Corrina doesn't doubt that for a second. Sure, he'd be distraught but she knows he's too strong willed to be weak. He would keep fighting, tooth and nail, like he always does.