•forty-six•

Mia's back bc I have plans for her character. I warned you the last 20 chaps are going to be emotional and complex.

No chap warnings besides action/gore/violence/ blood.

-

"Are you ready, Corrina?" Sasha asked, flashing a warm smile.

Yes. She was more than ready. She misses her brother and wants him to come back home. And if that means infiltrating Marley, then so be it.

It's Paradis or Marley.

And she'd always chose her home.

Corrina returned a smile. "Yes. I'm glad we were put together. I already have to worry about so many people, and you've become so important to me. I'm happy that I'll be able to save you."

"You won't have to save me," Sasha chuckled. "But don't get all sentimental, everything will work out the way it's supposed too. Even if that means some soldiers fall fighting for Paradis."

She nodded. "You're right. Let's go."

As Sasha reached for a spare gun, handing it to Corrina, the blonde was hit with many flashbacks of her and Sasha's sudden friend ship.

Flashback-3 years ago

"Good morning, Levi." Corrina yawned, stretching her arms while Levi walked over to his bed with a cup of tea.

He smiled. "Actually, good afternoon. It's about twelve."

Corrina's eyes widened as she jolted out of bed, scrambling to put all of her clothes back on.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I had so much planned for today. First I was supposed to train with Sasha, and then help Hange with some experiment they have been working on. After that I was going to bring Corbin over here for dinner-"

Levi put down his tea and approached his girlfriend with open arms, embracing her in a hug. "Stop stressing. Sasha cancelled, she stopped by early today. She said something came up and she has to go with Connie somewhere. Hange will be here in an hour."

Instantly, Corrina relaxed into his arms, relieved she hadn't slept through her busy day. Instead, she grew appreciative of Levi for letting her have more rest.

She titled her head to slump her forehead on top of Levi's shoulder. "Thank you. I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

Corrina smiled warmly and pulled away from Levi to pick up her shoes. "I'm going to head to my place to shower and check up on Corbin."

"While you're there, tell him to meet me at the training grounds in thirty minutes."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "For what?"

"Well, I don't know, Rin. If we're going to the training grounds then-"

"No, I know. But are you actually going to teach him?"

Levi nodded. "He asked me too. So, I thought why not. It doesn't anger you does it?"

"No." Corrina smiled. "It makes me so happy to have you in my life, and in his."

"Well, he's family now. I will always look after him."

Those words made Corrina's heart swell. She's so glad that Corbin has that male figure in his life again, since the death of their father took a toll on him.