•seventeen•

They worried for nothing. Corrina, Eren and Levi made it back to the barracks, where they were greeted by a confused Hange.

But, Corrina stayed side tracked as her brown haired friend went on about how everything here was fine and that they were about to ride back to the headquarters.

Corrina pondered about how the Titans are able to appear, just out of thin air. How they Instantaneously pop into wall Rose when everything at the barracks is okay.

Perhaps these Titans are being controlled? Eren Jaeger can turn into a titan and be aware of everything. Using that information it's safe to say there's plenty more out there exactly like him.

Corrina was snapped out of her thinking as she felt a kick in the side of her foot. She glanced to her right to meet Levi's gaze, he looked to be irritated due to something.

"What was that for?" She asked him as he heavily sighed.

"I asked if you were doing alright? You seem distracted." Hange interrupted before an argument could break out.

Corrina faked a smile and nodded, trying her best to reassure Hange that she was managing. She wasn't sure wether to speak out about her thoughts, perhaps they were too crazy and unrealistic?

"I can tell that something is distracting you, Avery." This time it was Levi who spoke, in that low monotone voice that irked Corrina.

"I think that the Titans are being controlled. I mean only the ones that are suddenly appearing instantly. It sounds insane, but, Eren is a boy who is able to turn himself into an intelligent Titan."

Hange widely grinned at their best friend. "That is exactly what I was thinking! Come here Rin!"

Corrina squinted her eyes at the new nickname given to her as she walked up to Hange who was opening their arms out, preparing for a hug.

She was glad Hange was okay, and that they agreed with her theory of the Titans.

Corrina quickly hugged Hange, backing away before she grew uncomfortable.

"Anyways, now that both of you are here we can discuss the coming expedition."

-

Corrina was content that she was able to spend some time home with her younger brother.

She feels bad for him for the things he has been through lately. On top of that, she isn't ever around due to her Captain spot. There's been many missions and now there is a coming expedition.

Corrina heavily breathed out as she sat down on the couch, getting ready for Corbin's company that she badly missed.

Just like she thought, not even a second later the door to Corbin's bedroom creaked open and loud footsteps echoed throughout the tiny home.

"Corrina! You won't believe what I'm about to tell you!"

She smiled at how excited he portrayed to be. It made her feel warm inside witnessing her brothers happiness.

"What's up, Corbin?" She genuinely asked, interested in what he wanted to say.

Corbin sat down on the couch next to his sister, nerves building inside the pit of his stomach. He was plenty excited, but, he was a nervous wreck because of the news he was about to tell her.

"Well, promise you won't be mad." He warned as he scratched the back of his neck.

This made Corrina furrow her eyebrows. Why would she  be mad? Now she was confused and anxious.