•thirty-three•

"What the hell is that thing?" Corrina questioned, studying how the ground was breaking into pieces and the trees igniting with flames.

Levi had a disgusted expression as he looked in the direction Corrina was. "It's Rod Reiss's titan."

Corrina cringed at the large red fleshed titan dragging itself through the grass and dirt, seemingly heading for the wall.

Then she felt a sharp pain rupture, starting at the pit of her stomach before spreading up her esophagus, emptying warm blood through her mouth, falling to her knees to spit out the remainder. She cleared her burning throat while wiping the runny blood from her lips using the ripped sleeve of her jacket.

Levi clenched his jaw at the sight of her struggling to stay awake; knowing that she was using all of her strength to portray as if she hadn't been tortured at all. It caused a weird tightening in his chest, a form of anger to rise within him. He did not like to see her hurt or in any form of pain. Especially when caused by Kenny.

Everyone displayed faces of worry for Corrina, all of them assuming she was in bad condition. She needed medical help; immediately.

Levi crouched down in front of the blonde, who had her eyes shut with pain, forming wrinkles on the flesh of her forehead. It was obvious she was barley holding on, but she wouldn't admit that to herself or to anyone. Corrina is a Captain, and she solely believes the higher ups have to remain poised and collective no matter the injuries they are trudging through.

"Corrina." Levi spoke up, trying to earn her attention from the pain.

She licked her dried, chapped lips from not having water or food in days and weakly flicked her eyes up to lock them with Levi's.

And, she managed to form a quick smirk. "We're on a first name bases now, are we?"

He shook his head and sighed. Even when she's battling death, Corrina is still strong enough to make snarky comments and pretend as if everything is okay. He envies her for that.

"You're going to be okay. I won't let you die." He said it monotonously, but there was a hint of sincerity, and Corrina heard it.

She took a shaky breath, her throat cracky and raspy. "I." She took another breath. "I know, Levi."

He started to notice her senses slowly shutting down, and he felt extreme distress because of this. But, he is a man of his word. He won't let her die.

Levi had already thought he'd lost her. And it ripped his heart out of his chest. So, he is going to do to anything to prevent feeling that way again. Starting with making sure Corrina doesn't die.

Corrina was dealing with too much exertion and agony throughout her entire body, that her brain was beginning to mush together, all thoughts slowly disintegrating into blackness.

Corbin and Hange sat down next to Corrina with tears running down their flushed cheeks, dripping onto the dirt, the droplets soaking the dry ground.

"Captain, the wagon is ready! We have to get Corrina and Hange to medical right now!" Corbin informed in a frantic tone, his mind jumping to conclusions, convincing him that he'd lose his sister and Aunt on the same day. The intrusive thought made his heart heavy as panic filled his system.

Levi remained calm on the outside, per usual, and stood up ready to command his orders.

"Corbin, lay Hange in the wagon. I'll get Corrina. We need to head to Orvud district. The rest of you, get on your horses!"