•fifty-one•

Chapter fifty one: "I could watch you for a lifetime...."

Hange sat on her horse, the wooden wagon tied around it, pulling Levi and Corrina who were both on the flat platform.

Levi was lying down, still recovering from the explosion Zeke caused by setting off the thunder spear.

Corrina was sat next to him, her hand intertwined within his. She blankly starred at his battered condition, feeling horrible that he was put through that situation.

She wondered if she truly was made for fighting. It made sense of course, her late father being a very strong, talented soldier. It ran in her family blood, so why wouldn't it stream through hers too?

Ever since she was a young kid, her brain was being molded to only focus on becoming a scout. Specifically a scout in the survey corps.

It was all she knew. Nothing else mattered, except her family. She trained her body to be muscular and strong, before joining so she'd have a better shot at being in the top 10.

Her days were long and exhausting. Her father would wake her up right at sunset, everyday like clockwork. She ate a small breakfast, consisting of fresh fruits and a glass of water.

After she was done eating, it was straight to training. Corrina's dad found a secret, secluded spot; perfect for what he needed to teach her.

It was a huge, wide open field of long, untreated grass and only a few scattered trees here and there. He would bring old ODM gear he stole from the barracks and thoroughly show Corrina how to properly use the equipment, including showing her how to battle with the sharp swords.

Due to 'having to live up to her dads shadow', Corrina spent the entire time completely, poised and focused. She picked up on things easily, which made her dad optimistic.

During this time, her mother was still alive and thriving. She spent everyday with Corrina as a stay at home mom when her husband left for expeditions.

Her mother wasn't against Corrina's dream of becoming better than her father. She was proud her daughter found something she loved and enjoyed. And, she was a natural at it.

When Corrina came home after a long day of her father's exhausting training, it was straight to the kitchen for her moms homemade meals; that she loved so very much.

Finally, after filling up her stomach with delicious food, it was time for a shower and then bed. She would wake the next morning, and do the same exact thing.

All up until she became a scout.

But what comes after that, well, Corrina doesn't even want to think about this anymore.

The point is, her whole life she's felt like she was born solely to be a soldier. A tirelessly working machine, spreading bloodshed wherever she went. Taking no shit and only focusing on bettering herself as a fighter.

However, right now Corrina was developing second thoughts. She was previously content on the decision she made , 'born to be a soldier.' It never really bothered her this much.

Why was she thinking about this now? Maybe it's because of how everything went downhill so fast. Lila dying, Stephan beating her to a pulp, Mia kissing Levi, Corrina hating Levi and vise versa, Corrina's squad dying...... and the biggest problem yet.