•twenty-six•

Corrina's pov.

  I didn't realize how hurt I would feel after what happened.

And I'm not talking about Stephan's betrayal or even him beating me almost to death right after I was in critical condition thanks to Annie.

My heart and mind feels drained, completely soaked out onto the floor because of Levi still thinking of me horribly.

I found something within myself to create a bond with Levi. To forgive him for speaking harsh words to me and even for putting his hands on me. And yet, he can't seem to want a friendship with me.

For some reason, this stings my heart far more than anything else. I want to distract myself every second of the day to get my mind off of Levi, but I can't stop thinking about him.

And then him working aside a new girl makes me feel some new form of anger I can't really put my finger on, but it causes me to already hate whoever she is even without meeting her first hand.

It's exhausting. And it pains me.

On top of that my anxiety has been through the roof because of Hange and Corbin being on a mission for days now.

I'm extremely anxious and angry that I can't be there fighting next to them. Witnessing that they are alive and okay. And I won't know how they are until the mission is over.

This makes me worried. I can't deal with losing my little brother or my best friend, I don't think I would be able to handle that, even when I've dealt with death before.

It would be different this time.

I sighed from my scattered thoughts as I rested my chin on top of my hand, staring blankly out of my infirmary window that was cracked open.

The weather was especially nice today. The warmth of the sun cascaded my skin, as it was shining brightly through the drapes that were pulled to the side. The slight breeze caused the grass to swoop delicately, and I leaned my head back as the air hit my face.

Moments like these were my favorite while being stuck in a bed for days on end. The feeling of the sun and the breeze from outside provided me with comfort and peace, even if it was only for a second.

Just as I was about to drift into a quiet nap, a sudden  yellow bright light filled the room, quickly snapping me fully awake as I realized that is what it looks like when Eren turns into his titan.

My heart started to beat rapidly against my chest and confusion took over. Was this Eren? Why is he changing here? Is there Titans breaching the walls?

All of these unanswered questions swarmed through my mind and at the same time I became too impatient to wait until someone comes to explain it to me.

Most of my wounds are healed, and my broken foot is almost fully healed as well. I assume doing what I'm about to do is going to piss of a lot of people, especially Levi, but at this second I don't give a shit.

My impulsiveness took full control of my body, pulling me off of my hospital bed and running straight for the barracks, attempting to ignore the sharp pain emitting from my ankle while doing so.

I began to slowly jog while I was heavily breathing from running so fast as I approached the storage room that was filled with weapons and ODM gear.

Hurrying up, I put on a spare uniform and the ODM gear, making sure to fill up the gas and replace new swords into it.

Taking one last deep breath, I looked into the direction of the light and nodded, remembering it was near the wall.

I walked over to my horse and got on him, flicking the neck strap to make him start to run for the wall, as my stomach filled with nerves and anxiousness.