•thirty•

"That's brutal." Corrina muttered with disgust, scrunching up her face as she watched Hange pull Eren's flesh from his disheveled titan from hardening training.

"Come on, Eren!" Yelled Hange, holding Eren's kneeled body from behind, eyes wide noticing his battered up face.

Moblit cringed at the sight and attempted to pull Hange off from Eren. "Section commander Hange, that's enough."

Mikasa chimed in, "Be careful with him!"

Corrina bit her top lip, trying to remain from laughing at the situation. She felt a nudge at her boot, and glancing to the right she realized it was Levi who had kicked her softly, probably a threat to hold in the laughter. He could just tell by her quivering lips she was about to let it loose, which wouldn't exactly look good for her.

Levi vaguely shook his head at her, but she didn't care. She returned her attention to the scene unfolding before her to see Hange pulling Eren back even further, ripping the skin from his face, revealing fresh pulsing red muscle.

"Hange, stop. We have to head to trost district." Levi reprimanded in a frustrated tone of voice, and that's when she finally got Eren free from his steaming titan.

"Corrina, stay here with your squad and mine. Hange and I will be back tomorrow morning." He informed the blonde.

She gave a single nod, ordering everyone to do separate things before going back to the small cabin together.

-

"Pastor nick? He was murdered by the MP's?" Corrina asked with disbelief. She never heard of the government sending them to do dirty work like this before.

Hange's eyes trailed to the ground. "Yes, but he was tortured before hand. The MP's had blood and Saliva on his knuckles, a giveaway."

"Do you think he was killed because of the information he told the scouts?" Armin questioned.

"That's obvious," Corrina said. "If the government was trying to keep things secret and down low, they failed miserably."

"Yes. The church wanted to deal with Nick for cooperating with the scouts." Hange added.

Her head then lowered. "It was my idea to hide his identity and have him stay in the barracks. It's my fault, I was too careless."

Corrina felt bad for her, especially since she knows Hange and pastor nick were somewhat friends, and now he's dead, and she believed it to be her doing.

"No, no it's not your fault Hange." Corrina assured, but to not avail. Hange owns up to this mistake, she played a part to nicks death unintentionally.

"I thought he was an idiot, but he didn't turn away from what he believed, all the way until the end." Levi said, causing Hange to grip the armrest of the chair she was sat at tightly, silently beating herself up.

"However, they don't know we have caught wind of the Reiss family. Though, someone in the government has their eye on us, which is no good." Levi finished explaining.

Everyone's attention darted to the door as Nifa from Hange's squad walked through the door walking straight to Levi with a paper in hand, before giving it to him.

The scouts kept quiet as Levi read what seemed to be a letter, and then he sternly ordered, "Everyone out, we have to leave now. Make it look like we were never here."

-

Up on a tall landscape, the scouts all looked down at the cabin they were in no less than an hour ago, which had MPs scattered all around the area, searching for them.