•twenty-seven•

Corrina's pov

    The only thing on my mind at this moment was to catch up with Reiner and Bertholt, and to end both of them ruthlessly.

I wasn't even paying attention to my ODM gear, but thanks to adrenaline and muscle memory, that's something I didn't have to worry about.

What I did have to worry about was killing the ones who potentially killed the most important person in my life; the one who I love and need to be able to survive in this world. Without my little brother, I'm officially alone, I will be nothing.

However, violently getting revenge will satisfy some piece of my shattered heart. I don't care who tries to stop me, or if a scout gets in my way. I will do anything in my power to ensure those traitors are killed.

I am undeniably focused; my ears listen carefully to the loud pounding against the ground that are making the surrounding trees visibly shake, my eyes are fixated on the back of Reiner's titan that is still in my vision, and I'm quickly making my way towards him.

But, suddenly, I feel a harsh tug on my ODM cable, making my entire body jolt back against a tree trunk, the impact slapping my back causing me to wail out a cough.

Instantly, as confused as I am, I'm able to secure myself from falling by holding onto a thick branch that is hanging from above me.

Catching my breath, I try to look around me for the source of why my cable was tugged, and it wasn't long until I saw a shadow coming straight for me.

It's most likely a scout sent to bring me back to the wall, I know that it would probably happen. But like I said before, right now I don't give a damn whoever that is, or what I have to do to them so that I can continue following Reiner.

So, I hurriedly swung my body back, launching myself forwards, stumbling through an array of branches until I fell onto the ground. I quickly ran to my cables and pulled them back into my ODM gear before running once more in the direction of the Titans.

I try to regain focus and ignore the sound of another scouts ODM gear from behind me, and I don't really have to ponder on who it could be.

I automatically assume it's Levi. He's constantly on my back about doing reckless things like this. But, this time it's different. My brother was attacked by these disgusting people, and I want them dead. Simple as that.

Even though Levi would without a doubt catch up to me within minuets, I still run as fast as I can as a desperate last choice, since my cables are more than likely ruined due to the strong tug from Levi.

Just like I had presumed, I heard someone drop on the ground only a few feet behind me, and then two arms wrapped around my torso, squeezing tightly in attempts to get me to stop.

But I refused. I wriggled through his arms, elbowing and kicking behind me frantically, but his immense strength kept on hurting my arms and body; making it harder to escape his grasp.

"Stop it Avery!" Levi snarled, pulling my body flush to his while tightening his grip around me.

I tried everything I could. Throwing back my elbows again, back kicking his legs, jolting my entire body all at the same time, but I couldn't get free.

And it made me angry, really really angry. Why doesn't he want Reiner dead? Doesn't he care about Corbin? Why is he doing this to me?

"I have to!" I yelled breathily, my muscles starting to ache due to all my attacking, making me start to feel weak.

"This isn't how we do things, you don't just run into the disaster."

His words meant absolutely nothing to me. They were bullshit. He wouldn't kill someone who did something bad to the person he cared about most?