Chapter Fifty Five [Rewritten]

-Chapter Fifty-Five-

"I'm certain of it" Vivi firmly nodded. "The cannon has to be there, I can't think of any other options besides that place—it has to be up in the clock tower" she insisted, certain that she was right in her assumption.

"Really?" I questioned, tilting my head as I silently thought it over. "I guess that would be the best place to hide a cannon since it's the last place anyone would think to look" I soon nodded, seeing the logic behind the cannon's placement.

"Yeah, but what makes you so sure that it's in there anyway, Vivi?" Usopp curiously asked.

"We have to assume that this dust devil is part of the plan—the cannon must be in a place where they can still see well enough to hit their target" Vivi explained, motioning to the dust cloud around us that obscured most if not all our vision. "Also, it must be in an open space where a cannon can fit, but can't be seen from the sky. So that must be it—it makes perfect sense to me" she concluded.

"It does make sense" I agreed.

"Okay, hold on, we'll leave the others a message since they're heading this way" Usopp nodded, bending down to write a message in the sand.

"Thanks, Usopp—Skylar and I will go on ahead to the tower" Vivi smiled before we took off.

"Hey! Wait, you guys! Wait!" Usopp jumped as he quickly followed after us, not really wanting to be left behind.

"Hurry!" Vivi called back.

"Yeah, you want to get left behind now, do you?" I teasingly smiled.

"Right!" he nodded.

"Look at that, it's the princess!" a Billion shouted as he and a bunch of his men suddenly blocked our way. "We found her boys!" he grinned.

"Yeah, that was just too easy—that signal had led us right to her" another snickered.

"They're more members of Baroque Works—Billions" Vivi frowned as she skidded to a stop and slowly backed away from the group of men.

"Oh no! We signaled the enemy too!" Usopp cried out.

"Why are you surprised? How would you not know that shooting a flare into the sky would catch the enemy's attention as well?" I asked, brows furrowing in confusion.

"I thought they would have been too distracted fighting to see it" the sharpshooter argued with a whimper.

"It...it'd be pretty hard to ignore a flare that bright" I sweat dropped. "Well, anyway, we're going to have to do something to get rid of them" I huffed with the shake of my head.

"Ah! Noisy Attack!" Usopp suddenly shouted, dragging his nails down a chalkboard that he seemingly pulled out of nowhere.

"Well, I guess that works" I winced, cringing at the awful sound his nails made racking down the chalkboard as the men around us dropped their weapons to try and block out the sound.

"Tremble at the power of my nails! Come on, Vivi, Skylar—let's go!" Usopp ordered, grabbing our hands before quickly taking off into a sprint through the group of distracted men.

"Hey, over there! Get them!" one of the Billions shouted after regaining his senses just long enough to spot us running.

"Faster! We have to run faster, guys!" Usopp cried out.

"I don't think that I can, guys!" Vivi worriedly called back.

"We need to shake them off somehow—they're just going to keep coming if we don't" I pointed out, aware that we couldn't really waste time fighting them all...but we also couldn't risk bringing them to the clock tower with us.