chapter 4

~Adrien

This day is nothing but trouble, some of the rogues I kicked from the pack are invading my territory, trying to take their mates back. Which is ironic, they don't even care about them. Most of these men know nothing about the cherishing of a gift that the moon goddess has bestowed upon them.

Dealing with such dilemmas has always called for urgent meetings with my gammas and some of my warriors, Isabelle already has her hands full with other matters she should attend to, so I decided to keep her out of this.

until my beautiful little mate had to make an entry to the same place where we are hosting our little conversation, I had been in full control of the flow of ideas in my mind. Her hands pushed the door open and that very mind is no longer lingering in my current location, nor my thinking is related to the matter at hand.

I kept thinking about her all day long. Neither of my mind nor my wolf have spared me reminders of her little figure covered by her messy hair, her nervousness and her confusion as they added a pink shade on the surface of her olive skin.

Her unique gestures as she raised her eyes to steal a short glimpse at me, as she unlocked her deliciously, plumped lips to speak millions of things but then she shut at once as she found nothing to utter.

I can't help a smile as it evades my mouth, when her image crosses my mind.

To be honest. she is special, besides the fact that she's unbelievably beautiful, she also has a sharp tongue and she's fierce. I've never met a human girl that would stand in front of a bunch of werewolves and act so calm, but that is probably because she didn't know that we're a bunch of predators that a mere human should fear. Although, I have a strong feeling that she would have had the same reaction even if she knew.

One of my warriors tries to shamelessly flirt with her and I'm nearly convinced that even a hardcore beating won't be enough. As werewolves, our hormonal impulses often take the best of us but this one, I'm going to charge him for it, but not publically.

After all, we are allowed access to the cities but the tiniest of commotions would make us lose that right. And the last thing that I want currently, is a never ending battle with the humans.

Suddenly, Belle's voice intrudes on my mind.

"alpha Adrien" she calls, winning my attention.

"yes belle" I respond.

"some witnesses are claiming that there are some invasions on the territory, again"

"bloody hell" I groan in annoyance. "what the fuck do they want?" I shriek furiously, slamming my fist with the table. The other customers heed the thud but dare not look at the bulky, menacing guys. Most people avoid to make the faintest of contacts with us.

"and it is not even the second or the third time on this day".

"I'm sorry alpha but this is a problem only you can take care of"

Of course it is, protecting the borders is a duty that only an alpha takes charge of, and I'm not the kind of person to throw their commitments behind their backs. My dad made the pack this way, he screwed everyone and everything on his way to the top but once he departed, I was the one left standing as it all crumbled down.

"I'm coming, Belle, take care of the situation until I arrive," I command while getting up from my seat.

"you two come with me," I instruct, pointing my fingers to the two guys that I brought with me, along with Jay and Stephan.

"yes, alpha" they respond, instantly getting up from their seats.

"you two stay here and keep an eye on Sesil," I say to Stephan and Jay as I pick up my leather jacket and ready myself to leave.