chapter 65

~Sesil

I Sprint along the hallway that I've been carried through fifteen minutes ago. Passing by the same place in which Justin had been murdered in front of my eyes, I slow down as I cross the open, yet stiflingly walls-bordered hall. None of Justin's corps nor Ava's grieving soul is here.

All that is left of the horrifying incident is the teenager's blood splashed all over the once wood-colored floor. The relatively small mansion is unusually quiet as there is barely any breathing soul inside, at least not visible enough for me to see. Yet, it is no less creepy even with rogues out of my view. I had thought about that the moment I had left the room with Greyson, seeking to stroll outside and make sure that I had no way out of this place, and that very thought didn't change, this place is shallow and no less than suffocating.

I squeeze my eyes shut as I pass by the remains of the gored scene. Marcus's hands run against my skin again and I noticeably flinch. My tears are barely holding their ground on the edge of my soaked view. I can't cry, not now and not in front of Belle. I'm barely resisting her idea of dragging me away from where I'm stupidly headed. Where I'll either be proved worthy or unworthy of my words. That I will stop Adrien and Greyson from killing each other. That I will stop this pointless war.

Belle closes the gap between us – enough for me to see her face – and curves her lips downward. She looks two steps away from dragging me further from my lethal destination and stuffing me where I'll be safe and where I can be treated. And she has no idea how I'd want that too. The ache in my belly is nowhere near subsiding. Besides, I don't have the tiniest clue on what the hell is happening inside of me but it feels like my insides are burning. Heat is carving its path from my womb reaching for my very toes. The same heat that I suffered the day I knew that I'm carrying a little pup, and the same heat that Elijah had stopped by injecting me with whatever it is he had fed my body.

A drop of sweat seeps down from my forehead, crashing onto the ground beneath me. My trots switch to a slower pace, fighting against every foreign sensation gliding through me. I can't grasp what I'm currently feeling. I feel so tired I can collapse right now and here but at the same time, filled with an overdose of adrenaline that can send my body jumping off cliffs and not really give a damn about the deadly consequences.

"Sesil we need to get you treated" she notifies again for the third time since we left the room. I can tell she's struggling against herself and against every smidgen she has of reason, to let me try my resolution.

"This way" I point out, also ignoring her baleful words again. Even as bad as I'm in pointing out directions and taking lead in finding an exit, I don't dare make a slipping mistake regarding our way out. It had been only once that I'd been allowed out of Greyson's room but I made sure that it was plenty enough to use when needed. I'm not sure about the path that Belle had come from, but I doubt that she walked right through the front door. And the front door is the closest one to the outside.

I need to get this done with and go back home.

Just hang on sweetie, mama's going to stop uncle and daddy from killing each other, and then we can have ourselves a peaceful, centuries-long nap in the closest health care werewolves' facility.

Belle keeps guard on our surroundings as she walks behind me. She purposely displayed me on the front. This house is still a war zone. Just as there are steel moon pack warriors standing on our side, there are also rogues still lurking inside of the mansion's walls.

I swivel my head back and peer at her. Her face is unmoving as she literally glares at everything – no matter stilling or moving – in our way. The silver gleam in her eyes is a notch higher than what I've ever seen on her.