chapter 57

~Vivian

"How did that little fuck slide into my lands?"

Looking at my audience, we are already missing an alpha as it is.

Dustin had what was coming to him. I'm not the least regretful of what I did at the assembly. He isn't qualified to be an alpha, not to his pack, not to his Luna, and absolutely not to the rest of the packs. But looking at the two combatant alphas in front of me – one of them doesn't want to be here and the other couldn't care less – I can't deny that kicking him out has turned out to be the most convenient decision that I have ever made in the most inconvenient timing that had ever occurred. Especially with him magically disappearing from the dungeons.

And as if we're not already missing great numbers, absenteeism is adding us a big deal of difficulty.

"where are your betas?" I almost shriek, barely clinging to a degree of calmness.

With not even an ounce of care, Noah eyes me. He takes my enraged picture in his sapphire frame before blowing a sigh.

"Elijah has some work to do"

"Elijah is your damn beta Noah; he should be taught that meetings are a must for him to attend"

He blows another sigh "he is a doctor Vivian okay? With what happened two weeks ago, he thinks he is more efficient if he is treating wounded wolves than attending a meeting which might and might not be of any efficiency"

Gazing down at his careless sitting posture, hands thrown messily on the armchairs and back slouched against the back of his seat, I don't think I can say something in response to that. I've gathered them up every day since the attack, and we haven't gleaned anything till now. Greyson had entirely disappeared as if he was merely a ghost memory that we all carried in our minds. The only reminders that he left behind him are hundreds of wounded wolves and millions of complaints that every alpha is showering me with.

"Belle?" I question in a lower voice.

Even me, I would know better than to push Adrien anymore. He is the only person in this pack who is by a lot, edgier than I'm. His half-brother just barged in, stuck a claim on his mate, and left the place with a promise that he will get what he wants eventually. while he could only stand there and take it.

"Belle will not go into a room with this asshole in it" Adrien's answer matches exactly what I had in mind when I asked. Noah once again for the third time in this meeting races toward the one who spoke ill of him. and luckily Lucian – again – racks in their way of tearing each other down.

"She is mine and I will have her" Noah shrieks, teeth gritted and canines unveiled against the push of Lucian's body. Lucian has an interesting gift, his calmness can reach other people and even soothe them. A gift that can come in handy in times like these and right between these two.

When I said that Belle should find herself a mate, I didn't mean this. I've always known that fate has a cruel way of proving a point. Yet this time, it had gone beyond what I've ever and never foreseen. not for a moment that I expected that mate to be the son of the one who took her everything. Even as he stands now as the new alpha of the silver moon pack, he is stealing another thing from her. she was supposed to be in his place.

Adrien doesn't respond to his claims. He is much more disturbed by other matters.

Clicks trail their way closer, echoing against our sensitive eardrums. It must be Scarlet.

She knocks on the door and lets herself in, looking oddly pleased. I don't even want to know what would have pleased her. no matter what it is, what is able to please her is as much qualified to upset me.