chapter 67

~Sesil

The mention of Marcus's name almost had me gagging whatever tiny amounts of food remained in my stomach. For a quick second, the whole scene runs through my head and I gasp for the air that I lacked as I struggled beneath his huge body. Attacked is a vague word, what that guy tried to do wasn't attack me. I would have survived that and long thrown it behind me, but what he did was that he tried to force himself on me.

"Baby?" the moment I open my eyes before even knowing that I squeezed them shut on pure instinct, Adrien has already flown toward the edge of the bed. He takes my hand in his big ones and stares at me with unmistakable guilt. What happened wasn't his fault, it was no one's fault.

My stares fly next to Belle. My heart is still pounding against my chest and I'm pretty sure they can all hear the feral pace that it is kicking at. The proof is widely spread all over their gloomy faces. Somehow, it feels as if every one of them is burdening themselves with an amount of guilt for what they most certainly didn't commit nor had any part in committing. If anything, they all came for me, they have always done come for me and I have never taken that for granted. It takes enormous piles of affection to take someone's side, to fight for them, affection that I know every one of them – even Elijah, as new as he is to the crew – feels for me.

"Belle told us what happened" Elijah clarifies with hastiness. My eyes roll back to his turquoise ones. With eyes restlessly darting from one person to another across the room, I still breathe unevenly, trying to urge my mind to forget what it had undergone.

"Do you want them to wait outside?" Elijah asks, referring to every person but him. He is, from what I've gathered until now, my doctor and since this matter concerns my health and the baby's, he is the one entitled to see to it.

The topic is unbearably uncomfortable. The mere mention of it, makes me embody the one thing that I despise the most. vulnerable. and it is much more insufferable with people peeking through the frail barrier of my openness.

Yet, looking at my mate squeezing hard from now and then around my hand while tracing his lips against my palm every two seconds, eyes flaring with burning rage but face ensnared with overbearing guilt, I just know he cares the most.

Belle is somehow feeling as guilty as every last one of them, even though she was the one who saved me from actually experiencing the bitterness of being touched and forced. And for the way they all care, they deserve to be with me, to have access to what I've always hidden deep inside.

"no, they're my family, they deserve to know" I inform Elijah, earning a sigh of relief as it leaves their mouths. They're indeed my family, a one that I'm grateful to have.

"can you tell us what happened?" Elijah asks tenderly, inching closer.

Adrien's hold surrounds tighter around my hand as I draw in a deep, shaky breath and prepare to speak about things that I never want to recall. "I think he held a grudge against Adrien and Greyson, I don't know what happened, all I know is that he killed a kid right in front of my eyes, and threw me over his shoulder"

Adrien seethes literal fire out of his mouth, his jaw is vigorously set and I feel that the fact that his skin is touching mine is the only thing reasoning him enough not to go berserk. Tears creep in, threatening to fall loose if I much as blink the curtains of my eyes down. "He got me into a room, threw me over the bed" I halt, unwilling to continue. My eyes are burning with the need for release, of moistening my cheeks and letting go of all the stuck, muffled emotions that I can't bear any more. I'm already stunned that I can speak about the incident this soon. But that is how far I can tell. They all know that when a thick tear finally runs down the softest skin on my face.