chapter 33

~Sesil

I swim with my eyes around, trying to identify both the woman who spoke to me just now and the man who is escorting Adrien's steps as if keeping him in check.

The blond woman has no more worthy statement to be characterized with, lesser than attractive.

Her skin is as white as newly fallen snow -untainted and clear. her silver, silky hair is hauled behind her, like streaks of moonlight, tailing the end of her back to cover up what her black dress boldly uncovered. Her body, easily said athletic, has many curves, but only when it is needed. Her features, unlike Belle's, have more of an edited touch to them. as a bunch of makeup products - that Belle rarely wore- sat on her already fine face.

I've always been confident about my looks. Never whispered a word to myself about looking bad or ugly. But if I theoretically fell under the description of being overly cute, this woman is surely heading the sexiness category.

"My name is Vivian" she presents herself warmly, not bothering to keep herself out of my personal space. "Alpha Vivian" she breathes, offering me her hand.

"What would be yours, little luna?" she inquires again, this time with even more assurance. My discernible hesitancy is not displeasing her in the slightest.

"Sesil" I answer, my eyes compelled to reach higher, to get a better look at her intriguing features.

"Hmm, then we finally meet luna sesil" she lets out impatiently, a hot sigh sticking to every single word she liberates.

"Belle" she frees, tasting the name she's calling, sending her a gentle look as Belle bows her eyes delicately.

Adrien and his companion that I am yet to make acquaintance with, soon stand beside us. and by their numbers adding in, we're still no more than a detached group with a lot of confusion that needs to be clarified. I glance at my mate, swiveling my head for a tight angle and still waiting for his urgent explanation.

"Alpha Vivian had some stuff to discuss with me" he replies, reading my dubious glimpse.

"And now that we're done, she's going to book herself and her beta, two tickets on the next plane and fly back to her pack" he grinds his teeth, displaying the lethal atmosphere between them.

Unsurprisingly, the reaction he gave her was neither unfamiliar for me -knowing that he's not exactly the friendly type- nor for her, as she chuckles, giving him a raw side gaze.

"Oh I'm afraid I won't be flying back anytime soon dear" she states as she sticks to her beta's arm "I, and Jacob have decided that we need a nice change of pace so we're going to make full use of this delightful chance and have a short vacation" she rolls her eyes to her subordinate's face as he averts his visions. Looks like he's helplessly unable to refuse. Complying is his only option.

"Alphas don't take vacations Vivian" he growls, his teeth meeting in the middle and his jaw pushed forward, commanding her to take a hint that she obviously has no intention of accepting.

"Why not? " she rolls her eyes, her clueless tone seems genuinely sincere as if she means every bit of her naive saying.

"After all, they are trying to take me down and get my little brother who has recently become of age to fill my place" she drags a wicked giggle across her perfectly red-colored lips.

"So all we have to do is relax here and pray for them to keep up with chasing after him every time he rushes off to answer his endless booty calls" she explains slowly, enjoying the amount of mockery and validity she spouts in every term.

"Then why don't you stay here- ?" my voice shrinks as my mate lands his blameful stares on me. My eyebrows arch, thinking if I've done anything as bad to be worthy of his silent scolding session.
If she's living far away and came all this way here because she has something to attend to, isn't our undertaking? to at least host her properly.