chapter 41

~Sesil

"blood" he pants.

"yea! no shit big brains. Thank you for pointing that out" I mock, only to hide how much embarrassed I already am.

"Why are you bleeding?" he questions, pointing out the one thing that I want to blur out.

I step away from him, collecting whatever I have left of my dignity and myself. I can't believe I didn't even feel the blood while it rushed out of me. The heat of the moment paralyzed whatever sensation I had within me.

Eying him frozen in one place, and for some unknown reason and freaked out on the mere look of some few drops of blood, I tilt my head to the sideway and sigh. I don't think he's afraid of blood. I have seen him countless times shower with his enemies'. So why does he look like he's going to hysterically snap?

"good god Adrien you need to wash that" I yell, the fever never leaving my skin that I'm sure is translated as intense blushes on my face.

What does he mean? Why am I bleeding? We all do. Girls at least.

"What do you mean why am I bleeding? It is my freaking menstrual cycle. I don't think I should be leaking water instead" I yell again, dragging him toward the bathroom instead of tending to myself.

"The what now?" he asks impatiently. The shock is slowly fading from his face.

"My period" I spell slowly "maybe you should consider doing some research about stuff like these. Don't your she-wolves bleed once in a damn month?" I question sarcastically, eying the flooding water as it took the blood out of his skin with its rushed stream.

"No of course not, they don't bleed. They have heat cycles but no blood is involved in that one" he says while rubbing his hand under the water and keeping a careful eye on me.

I climb my hand on my abdomen, my insides are killing me and this conversation is not soothing my pain.

"Well, aren't they blessed by the gods?" I joke, pinning my exhausted body against the smooth wall of the bathroom. But Katherine wanted to bring me sanitary pads when I asked her to. Even though I didn't really need them at that time, I only wanted to run away from the pack. It is weird how that now, it all feels like a very distant memory. A one of years ago.

"Not exactly. It is not easy for them to manage. Or so I heard and saw" he informs, drying his hands and sliding his arms around me. He slams me onto him, backing me up. He must have sensed my exhaustion, that if it isn't already clear on my figure.

"Well for that, I guess I can relate" I say, placing my hands on his chest. The cramps waves are making my knees go weak.

"Are you okay?" he whispers slowly, bending his face the closest he can to mine without moving me while I'm using him as my personal street pole.

"well, I'm not dying. I just need to rest" I answer, keeping my hands on his toned abs. I can feel his pulse drumming harmonically against my pointers. I like it when I get to discover every bit of him that others can't see from afar. It makes him so unusually vulnerable and it makes me feel unique.

"do you need anything?" his fingers drag the loose strands of my hair away from my face.

"Just a warm bath and some sanitary pads" I inform.

"I'll get you those. They must have them here in the pack. I told Kathrine and some of her friends to bring whatever you would need when I brought you in the first time" he informs, leading his way out of the bathroom and out of the room as fast as he can.

Well, Kathrine must have done her research about what a human outsider would need.

The place around me is amazingly silent. The night speaks no words and that's what I like about it. Finally, I can hear my own thoughts and focus on every sensation gliding through me, which is currently exhaustion and pain.

I slide my dress down easily since the back zipper is already undone. Taking off my underwear, I toss them in the little basket pinned into the corner and placed at the end of the large room. Too large to be used as a bathroom if you ask me.

I let the water rain above my head as I swig the faucet on. Adrien's reaction is still stuck in my fresh memory, giving me a good reason to giggle every five seconds. We really are an odd couple. Too different to even be called acquaintances. It is a celestial miracle that we've been united and paired for the end of our lives. It still feels so unreal.

Light knocks on the door snatch me out of my thoughts. I hurl a short towel around my unprotected physique and walk slowly and carefully on the wet, smooth floor to answer the call.

"You need any help?" he questions, running an intense check-up on me and offering me the bag he brought for me.

"Can you get me some clothes?" I ask, grabbing the bag from him and pointing out to the dresser.

"Sure thing"

I struggle to change into the clothes he has picked up for me as he keeps an intense, watchful gaze on every small move I make.

"Would you mind?" I groan and he laughs.

"I've seen whatever there is to see sweetheart" he smirks playfully "although it doesn't take the fun out of it" he adds and I glare at him.