chapter 60

~Adrien

It is getting harder to walk on legs by how much I spent running as a wolf during the last two weeks.

My wolf is agonizing. Agonizing on craving what he can't have. Agonizing on the fact that the only person he can feel like colliding with doesn't belong to us. not just us.

Among all things I thought that I and Greyson unfairly partaken in this life, the only girl that invaded and made a home out of my heart was never one of the options that I've ever considered. Still, I couldn't even say anything against his claim. The three of us are trussed in his triangle mess and none of us can claim otherwise.

I hadn't been able to look at Sesil's face since the day I knew that she's not mine alone. Looking at her face makes me remember all of my mistakes, as if fate is hunting me again after what I did to Greyson by giving him a piece of what was meant to be mine.

I was ready for whatever punishment the moon goddess had planned for me for what I did to an eleven years old kid. Being the guy I was before I met Sesil, I had nothing to lose, nothing to be afraid of. I have never foreseen for her to punish me with the only thing that I came to care about more than my own self.

My new family, my new home, and my human, fragile Luna.

Ushering my route on the damp grounds, I etch my way back to the pack. I need to talk to Sesil. Things escalated in a whole wrong path at Vivian's office. I never meant what she understood even though I'm sure it looked exactly like what I didn't mean. I never meant that she is the problem. I rather meant myself. I've never been anything but a problem for those around me. My own mother had suffered and died because of me and I'm in no way close to forgiving myself about that.

I'm afraid that I'm walking on the path of causing the love of my very soul a no different faith than that.

She looked hurt and I couldn't even urge myself to follow her after she left the office. I just kept standing there like a fool. Afraid that if I followed her, I would only make it worse.

Just in that fraction of a second, I've been blinded on all sweet moments and heavenly sentiments that she made me feel, it made me wish that I'd never brought her to my pack. that way she would've been happy, normal, and safe.

But my selfishness hadn't allowed me before and there is no way in hell it would allow me now. She is a part of me. If I give her up, then I might as well give myself up too.

I shift back and walk toward the tree on which I slung my clothes. Vivian's territory is a bit difficult to memorize. The routes are twisted and dark.

Zipping up my pants, I throw my shirt over my head and walk barefoot on the dusty ground. It helps me cool down, to have a direct connection with nature, to embrace my other side. The side that my mate does not belong to.

I walk further in and flinch when I smell a foreign scent. I'm now in the forest surrounding the packhouse and separating the rest of the pack from it. No one of unfamiliar origins should be allowed to step here. But then again, when were the unwelcomed ones bent on going by the rules. The rogues.

Burning my nostrils with the sickening smell, I inhale another scent. It is faint but not unrecognizable, not for me. Another wolf would only be able to describe it as familiar but I can tell exactly whom it belongs to. Every scent had been visible to me since I was a kid. Just like a thread following its owner. And right now, this scent is hanging on one of my underlings. My delta Scarlet.

Subconsciously, my legs fly back to the packhouse. My heart picks up its rhythm. I left her sleeping half an hour ago. Even though she wasn't really sleeping. She was just pretending to sleep so she can avoid me and I let her be. She is the least allowed this much freedom from the man flipping her world upside down with every new drama he has in store.