chapter 58

~Belle

"well it is hard to believe that you've become a doctor"

Regarding the once dark features boy that I haven't seen since I was nine, Elijah has grown just like the rest of us. He grew to be a graduate full-fledged doctor and also the beta of my old pack. The same jet-black degree color is still swimming in the pool of short hair placed on his skull. Although his features are more man-like, he still has those sparks of innocence he had since the last time I have seen him. Although the blackness of every strand of hair cuddling his features, his skin is almost as white as any Argyris's family member. And His turquoise set of eyes with tiny drops of liquid green are only deepening his charms.

"well, believing that I'll be working under you isn't easy either"

I nudge my eyebrow on him, unable to grasp the meaning of his words, or rather not the least thrilled to want to grasp it.

"Common Belle. You and Noah are mates. It is already decided, he is now the alpha and you are his Luna. It must be fate" he says, somewhat enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Stepping up into the front yard of the packhouse, I eye the intense blue swiveling around the gigantic building. Approximately the same blueness nesting his strong gaze. The Argyris family members might all be blessed by the most drowning sets of blue eyes, but no set resembles the other. Which makes to our similarities infinite distinctions that set every one of us apart.

"Nothing is decided Elijah, no one decides for me, not even fate" I look at him, ignoring the hints of disappointment dancing on his fair complexion. "Me and alpha Noah" I swallow hard. It stings to say his name and it stings, even more, to stick the alpha title to it.

"We're a dead end. A route I'm not willing to take"

Not that I hold any personal grudge toward him or the pack. My dad's cowardice and his dad's mischief is what fucked up my life. But the fact that he is framed up with the past picture that I'm trying to tear up and throw behind me, forces me to stop any ounce of affection I might have for him to reach out for my heart.

"Sweetheart, if you're still mad about what happened in the past then-"

"No Elijah, I hold neither of you responsible. We were all only kids at that time" I interrupt him.

It is rather absurd for me to even be mad about it. About the look on his face when he saw me chained in the dungeons, begging for someone to kill me and end my misery. On the scenery as he scrambled away when I needed him. On that day, I had lost my mother, the last person I ever had for a family. Another person abandoning me wasn't going to sadden me anymore, or at least that's what I believed. I believed wrong. Wrongness I'm not willing to admit.

He blows a quick sigh, sulking at my resistance.

"Well not many can escape the mate-bond Belle"

"I'm sure I can manage"

Although I don't know if I can. What I felt at the party had exceeded anything I've ever dealt with in my whole life. My skin still burns from where he grabbed my wrist. For a long time since the day I had my first heat, my body had never been okay. And his appearance now is only making it worse for me.

"Well if you don't want to care about your love life, then can we concentrate on mine?"

I grapple my palm on the edge of my hip and look at him questioningly.

"Who was that cutie who was with you at the assembly? You know one of the gammas of your pack" he hesitates, rubbing the back of his neck "the one who didn't leave your side, the younger one"