chapter 52

~Sesil

"No violence" Vivian says for the third time to the handsomely black-suited man. I glance at them through the full-length mirror that I'm standing across from. Three women are assisting me in my final touches, stealing short glimpses of admiration at me from time to time.

I can see Adrien rolling his eyes every time she tirelessly repeats it.

"Keep it light and natural with the hair. Her hair is already beautiful and long" she commends the girls laboring on rendering me the star of the night.

One of them starts working makeup on my face while the other is perpetrating what her alpha said about my hair. The third one is keeping an eye on my dress.

By the time their work is done; I can no longer recognize my own damn self.

My face is rightfully edited. My eyelids are ebony black Smokey with a shattered touch of silver glitter, bringing up the bright colors of my irises. My lips are coated in a wine red lipstick shade and my hair is in an effortless fishtail braid, hugged into its place using a silver flower hairpin.

Vivian takes in my refined look and gives me a sweet smile.

"You look fine as wine sweetheart"

Nothing can be compared to the kind of elegance that she is radiating throughout the room. Her suit looks even better on her than the time she wore it in the dressing room. Her blonde hair is left to hang at the end of her waist and her makeup is infrequently lighter than mine, but it suits her anyway.

Strapping my feet into my high heels, I finally half-close the gap between my height and the breathtaking man's towering one - who is standing right across from me - My mate stares at me in a loss of words, before starting to flatter my new, graceful look.

Maybe he should start by telling me where he had been in the last two days. He hadn't come back until today morning. I have refrained from asking questions and he seems to like it this way.

"You look breathtaking" He only mumbles a single compliment and offers me his hand, Which I take. I can only say the same about him. This is the first time I'm seeing him in a suit and I have to say, it is quite a sight to see. Black has always been the perfect color for his tanned skin. And the all-black suit with a loose collar is making him no less than mouth-drooling.

I refrain from eating him up with my hungry gaze. There are many matters that the two of us need to fix but now, let's just hope that I make it out alive.

Stalking after Vivian's loud stomps, we leave the room and head toward the large hall which is situated on the ground floor.

Standing at the main stairs that ooze into the flat, large area, I can see all kinds of faces that I haven't seen before, standing by the disunited, tall tables in small groups formations and conversing between them. One by one, they lift their heads and look up at the unusual couple. The alpha that left the entire community seven years ago and his once in centuries human Luna. Their gazes make all kinds of mixed-up emotions whirl in my stomach.

"You'll be fine sweetheart" Adrien laces his arm around my waist and brings me closer to him. He supports my high-heeled body as we swoop the stairs. As mad as I'm at him and as much doubtful of the thing going on between us, I'm grateful that he's standing by my side right now.

We take our last step in the stairs with all kinds of gazes persistently following our every move. Belle and the others soon join us, helping in strapping our own group, the infamous blood pack cast. The moment we stepped into this hall; we gave every guest a thing or two to chat about. Scarlet is missing from the very beginning of the night and that is something that I can't exactly complain about.