Tickles and Toothpaste

Being best friends with Spencer Reid had its ups and downs. Sure, sometimes he was a grumpy little shit, his sleep schedule was absolutely appalling and he was prone to bottling up each and every emotion until it burst, coming out in confusing tidal waves that threatened to drown the recipient of the pent up rage, sadness, longing.

But the late night dancing, sharing books and constant cuddling cancelled out all of the cons of knowing the young genius.

Spencer and y/n's mothers had been best friends, ultimately leading to the pairs inevitable friendship. As they grew up, Spencer and y/n spent every single waking, and sleeping, moment together. Each morning being filled with wide grins, tight hugs and splattered toothpaste, much to their parents chagrin.

The older they got though, the more their feelings morphed into that of a newfound love. They had always loved one another, they knew that. But eventually they began craving the others presence, aching to feel the sugar sweet touch of their lips.

After years, and years of mutual pining, Spencer had confessed his love for y/n. She could still remember how scared he was, his thin fingers twirling absentmindedly as his golden gaze was casted towards the ground, rose petal lips torn from his incessant biting.

The gentle, nervous giggles that sounded in the air as he blushed the deepest shades of scarlet. How his voice wavered, tears welling in his eyes as he prepared for her harsh words to bite him, for her to say the words he so desperately wished he would never have to hear. But he never would.

For he could forever repeat her response, see her eyes as they filled with joy, feel Aphrodite's kiss for the very first time, launching him into a world of bliss.

"𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜𝑜"

——//——

A soft hum left y/n's lips as she nuzzled further into the fabric of Spencer's jumper, the scent of honey, coffee and cologne invading her sleep ridden senses. She could hear the quiet snores as they escaped Spencer's slightly agape mouth as they brushed against her exposed neck.

His freckled nose was buried deep within the tendrils of h/c that splayed across the pillows. Y/n chuckled airily as Spencer gripped her tighter in his sleep, a subconscious smile crossing his face and a content hum slipping through his lips.

"Hey Bub. We should probably get up if we wanna catch that movie" she whispered in his ear, watching as a childish pout crossed his face and he tightened his grip on her body.

"Nope. Cuddles" he began placing feather light kisses on her neck, his lips soft and warm as they littered pecks all over her face. She giggled once again as she fought the temptation to snuggle into his arms again, bask in the warmth of his embrace.

"Spence. Don't tempt me, come on let's get up" y/n tore herself from his loving grip, a chill wracking her body as Spencer intertwined his fingers with hers, pulling lightly to drag her back to bed.

Y/n walked over, giving Spencer a quick kiss before pulling away with a disgusted grimace.

"Bub, come on you need to brush your teeth" Spencer scrunched his nose up in disapproval, covering his face with the thick duvets, only his golden curls peaking from beneath the sheet.

"I won't kiss you for a week if you don't get up and brush your teeth" y/n spoke in a mock stern tone, hands on hips as she tried to retain her stoic expression.

Spencer jumped from his bed immediately, newfound purpose in his bones. His hair stood in wild tufts, jumper hanging loosely off his thin frame.

"Don't even think about it" his brows furrowed in anger as he chased y/n through the house. His bare feet padding against the wooden floors, screams filled the air as she ran hopelessly from Spencer. He laughed loudly with a wide smile, it growing brighter somehow as he captured y/n in the bathroom.

"I'm sorry Spence! I was joking!" She squealed as he began to mercilessly tickle her sides, her laughter and pleads warming Spencer's heart as he finally stopped his torture.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, a cheeky grin on his face. He towered dramatically over her, caramel curls draping over his eyes as he peered down at her joy filled face.

He gently kissed her once again, ignoring her complaints about morning breath as he continued to peck her lips over and over again. Once he began to deepen the kiss, hand raising to slip between the h/c strands as he pulled y/n impossibly closer. He suddenly pulled away, sticking his tongue out and shaking his head.

"What?" Her face was slightly worried as she gazed at his disgusted expression.

"Morning breath" he chuckled and released his grip on her, reaching for his toothbrush and handing y/n hers.

"Told you" she stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek quickly, watching as his frown transformed to a handsome grin and deep shades of crimson painted his cheeks.

"I love you, you know that right?" Spencer said as he gazed down loving at y/n, toothbrush hanging limply from his mouth.

"I love you too" she spoke, kissing him quickly before wiping a streak of toothpaste on his nose, he shrieked, bringing his hand to cradle his cheek before glaring at y/n.

"You're gonna regret that".

I'm sorry it's short and kinda terrible but I wrote a Wilbur Soot one like this for my friend and kinda loved the idea.

I wanna thank you all so much for helping us hit 40 thousand Reids like WTF?!?!?!?

Anyways I hope you have a good morning, afternoon and night.

Don't forget to vote, comment and request!

- meadow xoxo