Graffiti on the train

Spencer groaned quietly as he turned in his bed, fighting the overwhelming temptation to fall back into the comforts of his duvet. Gentle rays shone through the slightly open blinds, magnificent crimson and copper rivers flowing through the sky as the sun began to rise, kissing the earth with its golden hues.

The soft cotton sheets felt like heaven as he buried his face into them, willing himself to get up before his love would awake.

Spencer peered up at her sleeping features, his heart thumping as he watched y/n's lips twitch and pout in her sleep. Each moment reminding just why he was awake so early, for today he would ask the perfect girl to marry him.

The elegant velvet box felt unbearably heavy as it sat in his pocket, taunting him as he hazardously threw on the closest outfit he could find. 

Spencer looked back over at y/n, smiling softly to himself as she burrowed into his side of the bed, sighing deeply before releasing an airy snore.

He shoved his keys into his pocket as he carefully shut the door, making sure to not cause too much noise and spoiling his plans.

Spencer eagerly sprinted down the stairs, tripping more than once on his loose converse laces as he bounced down the steps three at a time. He gave a nervous wave to the exhausted woman that sat at the desk, her auburn hair in a messy bun and deep bags hanging under her eyes as she smiled weakly at the adrenaline filled man.

With each click of his shoes against the concrete, his excitement faded into nerves, what if she said no? What if she didn't realize the message was for her?

Spencer quickly unlocked his car, sliding into the seat and starting the engine, he glanced at the clock, grimacing as the neon lights shone 04:30 am.

He rubbed his eyes tiredly with the sleeves of his jumper, breathing slowly to calm the erratic pacing of his heart as it thumped dangerously hard in his chest. His honey tinted hair danced wildly in the wind as he began to drive, the caramel curls whipping his porcelain skin as they waved and spun with the breeze that flowed strongly through the open window.

The cool gusts of wind helped alleviate the harsh, biting scarlet upon his cheeks, each breath he took feeling heavier as he approached the train station.

Y/n had gotten the exact same train every day for five years, never missing it once. It was on this very train that they had met, Spencer had been cringing at the uncleanliness of the dirty cabin, its once stark white walls painted in dirt and other worryingly vibrant substances. Y/n had been failing miserably to contain her laughter as she watched the gorgeous man cringe and bounce back and forth on his heels, sun kissed skin paling each time another sweat soaked body came too close to his thin frame.

Spencer had caught her giggling, his lips quirking into a smile as she began to laugh ridiculously loud. Since that day, they had become inseparable, an unmistakable bond that had tied their souls together.

That's how Spencer planned to propose, to write the words on the glistening navy surface of the compartments. He knew it was illegal, but something about y/n made him forget about everything wrong in the world, she was the solace after a day of chaos and Spencer couldn't bear to imagine a life without her.

As the breaks squealed, the car pulling to a stop, Spencer's heart began to beat impossibly faster. His slightly trembling hands tightly gripped the can of spray paint, the cool metal burning his hand with its ice-cold touch.

The station was barren, an eerie silence that left a solemn ache in his chest. As Spencer closed his eyes, inhaling the frozen air, his nerves felt on fire. It was as if ghosts lingered throughout the station as it sat empty, ghouls that raised the hairs on his arms and sent sinful shivers down his spine.