For The World

Spencer groaned as he woke up, the bright light beaming through the curtains burning his sleep ridden eyes as he scrunched his nose and cuddled back into bed.

He reveled in the warmth that radiated from the woman beside him, pulling her impossibly closer as he inhaled deeply. A swift bounce is what pulled him back from his awaiting return to slumber, he peaked tiredly through half lidded eyes, his honey gaze landing on the giggling form of his son.

Caramel curls identical to his fathers bounced upon his head, glimmering softly in the warm glow of the morning sun. His eyes shone bright like his mother's; e/c orbs filled with such immeasurable curiosity and unbridled glee that it made Spencer's heart flutter and chest flood with warmth.

"Morning Ro" He croaked quietly, smiling as the boy collapsed onto his dad's legs and grinned widely at him. Spencer blinked slowly as he finally gained focus on what was going on around him, the last remnants of sleep fleeing his body as he rubbed weakly at his eyes, grimacing as his bones popped and cracked from his movements.

"What are you doing up so early?" Spencer whispered, careful not to wake up his sleeping wife beside him, eyes widening as she turned in her sleep but calming when she simply let out a dreamy sigh and settled back into the covers.

"You promised me that we could make mummy breakfast" Romeo whispered back, looking lovingly over at his mum before turning back to Spencer expectantly. The man groaned and nodded as he remembered his promise, something he had used in order to finally get the boy to settle down and go to sleep when it seemed as if he were an ever-burning ball of chaos.

"Oh, did I now?" Spencer grinned sleepily at the boy as he slipped on a house coat and picked him up, placing his finger over his lips when he giggled loudly and made y/n stir in her sleep once again. Romeo nodded excitedly as he was carried through to the kitchen, making himself comfortable when Spencer placed him down on the counter. The doctor opened the cabinets, rummaging through each half-opened box before turning to his son with a questioning look.

"What do you think she'd like for breakfast?" He watched as Romeo's eyes lit up at the question, excitement flooding his features as he smiled brightly at his dad before bellowing at the top of his lungs, forgetting his sleeping mother upstairs.

"Pancakes!" He pointed at the box on the top shelf, grinning as his dad plucked the box and instructed him to grab a spoon. The pair set to work preparing the food, Spencer cautiously watching his sons every move, terrified he might get hurt. Once the batter had been prepared, both boys covered head to toe in flour and copious amounts of mixture, their matching curls rugged and sticky from Romeo's adventures in the bottle of syrup that Spencer had left out.

The pair silently assembled the tray, a small crystal glass filled with orange juice, thick glistening rivers seeped slowly down the steaming pancakes, golden tendrils that contrasted the porcelain plate as they swirled. Spencer smiled proudly at the plate, his smile breaking into a face of shock as he watched Romeo swiftly steal a strawberry and shove it in his mouth before his dad could stop him.

He giggled through a half full mouth, cheeks flooding with a precious scarlet as his eyes shimmered with the unfathomable glee that always shone in a toddler's eyes. Such innocence and excitement within the e/c orbs, a lightheartedness that would eventually fade. But the fact that soon the light would extinguish was what made it so special, the glimmer so much brighter when the promise of insecurity, worry, fear, stood behind the pure walls of obliviousness that separated children from adults.

Spencer carefully picked up the tray and began the walk towards their room, wincing when the glass swirled at the momentum and threatened to pour from its confines. Romeo chuckled softly at Spencer's awkward faces, holding a glass of water tightly in his smaller hands. Fingers grasping the chilled cup so tightly that they began to pale, and his knuckles made an appearance.

The pair quietly snuck into the room, placing the tray on the dark oaken table beside y/n's head before slowly settling themselves on the bed beside her. Spencer watched as she slept, airy breaths fleeing her slightly parted lips, her silken skin glowing softly in the aurealian kiss that gleamed through the thin curtains. Her hair splayed wildly across their pillows, one arm draped across her forehead and the other gripping the soft duvet impossibly close. Romeo looked over at Spencer in questioning, to which he nodded and said goodbye to the peaceful figure that would soon be rudely awoken by their son.

"Mumma wake up" The boy spoke softly, surprising Spencer with his gentleness as he carefully crawled over to where his mother began to stir. She grinned sleepily at his voice, lashes fluttering as she finally peeled open her eyes and pulled Romeo tight to her chest. The toddler giggled and squealed in her arms as her fingers began to tickle at his sides, honey sweet laughter being one of the first noises to sound in the air that morning.

"Hey bub" She whispered groggily, voice hoarse and ladened with the remains of her previous slumber. Her eyes scrunched as she looked lovingly at her son, his arms wrapping as far around her chest as they could go as he settled into the warmth of her hold and the covers. Spencer watched in awe, his heart pounding as he admired his family. The tenderness and love within y/n's touch as she embraced her son, the sun beaming down on the smiling pair, how her eyes shone nothing but unfathomable happiness as she squeezed the still giggling boy tightly against her chest and planted soft kisses over his face and head.

"I made you breakfast" Spencer pulled y/n's attention to him as he spoke, smiling softly at the woman as Romeo scuttled over to his dad. He settled himself between Spencer's crossed legs, finding the small gap to be the perfect space to accommodate his tiny frame. The doctor chuckled airily at his son before turning to look over at his wife, grinning as her face lit up at the sight of the tray.

"Not just you" Romeo pouted and glared at his father, annoyed at him taking all the credit. Spencer nodded solemnly before looking back up at y/n with a stern look.

"My apologies, Romeo and I made you breakfast" y/n nodded with the same faux serious face before they burst into wide smiles, at their sons furrowed brows and pouted lips, his cheeks littered with the same umber freckles that doused Spencer's cheeks.

"Thank you, both of you" Y/n smiled sweetly at the two, chest aching with adoration as she admired her family. It was mad to see the two, they were worryingly similar, she was almost annoyed that she had gone through all the pain of childbirth only for the little gremlin to end up the spitting image of his father. But no matter what, she loved her boys more than she could quite fathom, and wouldn't change them for the world.

Hey, just wanted to let yall know I'm about to start a new fic called 'Alive' it's an RK800 (Detroit Become Human) story and i would love if yall gave it a go when I publish it!

Here's a lil sneak peak of what's to come in 'Alive'.

"𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆?"

Yeah it's not the best and needs a lot of work but it should be out soon!