•Chapter 4•

Back at the camp, Pan sat next to the campfire and watched as the others danced around. He kept a close eye on Y/n as the other boys danced with her. Suddenly, the wind started to blow, putting out the campfire and make everyone collapse to the ground. Pan shot up and rushed towards Y/n. "Y/n?" He whispered. He then realized what was happening, and smirked. He stood up again. "We have a guest! No doubt someone who knows how much I like guessing games. Who could it be? I guess..." He said and relight the campfire, "The dark one." He said as he looked at Gold. "Come to save Henry, have you, Laddie?" Pan asked. Gold was staring back at him with a deadly glare. "How exciting. The dark one ready to sacrifice his life for his family. Speaking of family..." He said and light a torch. "You can come out now, Baelfire." He added. Neal stepped out from behind a tree with a crossbow in his hands. "Name's Neal now," Neal said as he pointed the arrow at him. "New name, but the same old tricks. It's heartwarming to see father and son working together, especially after you abandoned him, Rumple." Pan tells them, "this is a real family reunion." He continued. "What are you waiting for?" Gold asked his son. "I got this," Neal informs his father and fired the arrow. Pan stopped it with his hand. "Clever. But we've been through this before, Baelfire. Have you remembered nothing?" Pan asked him. "I remember plenty. That's why I didn't coat the tip." Neal said. Pan dropped the arrow and froze. Neal walked past him, towards Henry, and picked him up. "I'm impressed. But are you sure you're really saving him, Bae?" Pan asked him. "What could be worse than letting him stay here with you?" Neal asked him. "Why don't you ask your father?" Pan suggested, "Sometimes the people we should fear are the ones closest to us." Pan tells him. "What's he talking about?" Neal asked Gold. "Your father's not here to rescue your son...he's here to murder him," Pan tells him.

A little while later, Y/n had woken up again. She sat up and glanced around. "Y/n..." A faded voice said. She shot up and ran towards Pan. "What happened?" She asked him. "He took Henry," Pan tells her. "Rumple?" She asked him as she ripped off a cloth somewhere and cleaned the ink. "Yes. He took him away. He ran off into the jungle." Pan tells her. Within a few seconds, Pan was able to move again. He quickly wrapped his arms around her. "Are you alright, love?" He asked her. She nodded and looked up at him. "I'm more worried about you. How did he put ink on you?" She questioned. Pan took her hands in his. "Don't worry about it. You get back to the treehouse, you'll be safe there. Get ready, it's time." He tells her. "What? Already?" She asked him. Pan sighed and kissed her knuckles. "Go." He tells her. She nodded and ran off to their treehouse. Pan watched her as she ran off. Pan used his magic to wake the others up again. He walked up to Felix. "It's time. Make sure she gets there and then come straight back here." He ordered. Felix nodded and walked off. Pan gathered some of the other lost boys to look for Henry. And he soon found him. Neal had put Henry down and crouched down. He put his hands over the campfire that had been put out. "Emma." He whispered. "You were so close to finding her," Pan said stepping out of the jungle. The other lost boys surrounded him. "You disappoint me. I thought I taught you better. Never break in somewhere unless you know the way out." Pan tells him. "I'll remember that next time," Neal said as he glanced around. "Well, there isn't going to be a next time. But don't blame yourself. Your father could've protected you out here, sure. But then who would've protected Henry from him? Talk about a rock and a hard place." Pan said trying to get into his head. Neal stepped forward. "I will get my son back, no matter what it takes." He threats. "You're not getting it. You got him, I got him back. It's the game. No, my boy, the real problem for you is that there is no escaping Neverland. No one gets off this island without my permission." He tells the adult. "I've done it before, I can do it again." Neal reminds the boy. "Did you? Look where you are now... it's like you never left." Pan chuckled. "You saying you let me go?" Neal asked him. Pan chuckled again. "I'm saying everyone's right where I want them," Pan tells him. Then Henry started to groan. "Something to chew on. You know where to take him!" Pan said as he looked back at Neal. The lost boys grabbed adult Baelfire from behind. "No! Henry!" He yelled. "Oh, don't worry. It won't be for very long." Pan said. "I'm alive!" Neal continued to yell. "Just until I reset the board. See, the game is about to change." Pan said and walked off again.