•Chapter 57•

Rumple turned around to face the person standing by the door. He was standing in the shadows of the store. He was wearing his neat, black suit. His hair was still done the same way it used to be. "Peter Pan," Rumple whispered, "I certainly wasn't looking for you." He added. The demon boy had a devilish smile planted on his lips. "Oh, come on, son. Don't be like that. Aren't you glad to see your dear old father?" Pan questioned. Rumple walked up from behind the counter again. "Just because you sired me, that does not make you my father." He said. The Dark One stepped closer to the demon boy. "Step aside." He ordered. Pan moves aside and holds out his hand. "Keep looking for as long as you like." The demon spoke. His green eyes remained locked on the man walking through the shop. "But down here, this is my shop. And you won't find anything unless I want you to." The demon added. Rumple glared at his father. "Be careful with your threats." He replied. "Or what? You'll kill me again?" Pan asked him. For the slightest second, Rumple's eyes moved to the way that led to the back of the store. Y/n was back there. He could kill her if Pan tried something. Rumple didn't care. "Maybe it's time to put the past behind us," Pan added. Rumple rolled his eyes at his father's comment. Putting the past behind him? Peter Pan does not forgive. And he never forgets. Suddenly, Pan was holding the potion in his hands. He placed it down next to the Peter Pan doll that once belonged to his son. "Go on. Take it." Pan tells him. Rumple locked eyes with his father. "How generous. How many strings are attacked?" He questioned. "No strings." Pan replied, "I meant what I said before. I do want to start over." He continued. "That's never gonna happen. We send you here for a reason." Rumple replied harshly. He was showing no emotion. He was staring blankly at his father. Pan bit the inside of his cheek before inhaling deeply. "I miss the world above, the tastes, the smells." Pan rambled. For a split second, Rumple noticed a small glimpse of desperation in his eyes. "I miss her," Pan added.

Rumple's eyes, once again, trailed behind the demon. She still hasn't noticed them talking. Him talking. Rumple's dark brown eyes looked back into Pan's green ones. "Sorry. You can't go back." He said. "Not unless I trade places with a living soul," Pan replied, "And those people you came down with... they are not your friends. And they are living... for now. Maybe one of them doesn't make the trip back. But your dear old dad does." He continued with a slight smirk. "Not interested," Rumple replied. The demon glared at his son. "Not yet. But..." He started. He picked up the potion and held it up for Rumple to take. "This one's on the house for today. A gesture of goodwill... from a father to his son." He said. Rumple observed his father for a few seconds. He let out a sigh and took the potion from his hands. Pan smiled at his son proudly. "We do not have a deal." Rumple gritted between his teeth. Pan chucked at him. "We'll see about that." He replied. He pointed at the small bottle in Rumple's hand. "Use it wisely." He said, "Don't waste it." He added. Rumple put the bottle into his jacket. "Don't think that for a moment I would consider you returning to the other world," Rumple tells him. Pan raised his eyebrow. "Wouldn't you do your dear old father a favor?" Pan asked him. "You're not gonna leave this place," Rumple tells, "Ever." He added. Pan stepped closer to his son and let out a sigh. "Of course. You've made a fresh start." He remembered. The demon took another step closer to his son. "Build on my blood."  He continued. "Do you honestly believe I care about that? Everyone is better off without you. Even Y/n." Rumple snapped at him. Pan gulped and eyed his son up and down with his green eyes. "She doesn't care about you anymore. She cares about her father. And no one else." Rumple continued. The demon didn't say anything. This couldn't be true. "I'm sorry but it's true," Rumple says. Pan shook his head. "It's not." He replied. "She doesn't care," Rumple repeated. "You're lying!" Pan said, raising his voice slightly. "I'm not," Rumple says. He steps closer to his father. "If she did care for you, which she doesn't, then answer me this. Why hasn't she come for you?" Rumple asked his father. Pan was taken back slightly by Rumple. He sounded exactly like him. Manipulative. Pan couldn't answer that question.