Love For The Faceless*

Author: https://thefanficmonster.tumblr.com/

Corpse Husband x Youtuber!Reader(Female)

Warnings: Swearing

Genre: Fluff

Summary: Y/N is a YouTube gamer who has recently gained a much larger following thanks to the streams she does with her friends. Naturally, considering her faceless and bodiless nature, people are starting to get curious about her. When she finally follows her friend Corpse's example, a lot more than her hands is revealed.

-------

"Hey!" I greet the lobby as I finally hop into the Discord call after quickly saying 'hi' to my audience.

I've been a YouTuber for four years now and I've only recently started streaming, encouraged to do so by my best friend Rae. She's the one who got me in multiplayer games such as Among Us and Phasmophobia which led me to meet her amazing gaming squad that consists of some of the most famous names on the platform. They are all wonderful people and I will forever be in Rae's debt for introducing me to them. However, becoming friends with Felix, Sean and the rest of the team brought not only a more fulfilled life, but also a small boost in following. Who am I kidding, it wasn't small. It was overwhelming, terrifying even.

My YouTube channel had a little over a million subscribers at the start of quarantine and now....now it's closer to three million. Speaking of three million, I'm about to reach it any day now and it's really hard to believe. I'm a gaming youtuber and I've never considered changing my genre despite expecting to not get any attention whatsoever, with all the big names on the platform. I was convinced not even as many as a hundred people would stumble across my videos and now here we are.

My OG subscribers are very supportive of my sudden growth and are defending me when my newer fans ask for a face reveal or whatnot. While we're on that topic I might have to mention that not even my YouTube friends, and that includes Rae have seen my face. I've been faceless and bodiless for the entirety of my time on social media. Some claim I do it to grab more attention or for dramatic effect, but the reason is beyond that. I'm not shallow. Actually, shallow people are the reason I don't show my face. I've never been the prettiest, but my middle school bully thought that I wasn't lacking self confidence enough. As a result, I ended up with a not so handsome scar on my right cheek that starts from the corner of my mouth and nearly misses my eye. Yeah, it's a long and pretty noticeable scar that has thankfully become less and less obvious as the years have progressed. Still, it's not something I'd like to show to my viewers.

Eight 'hi's greet me back, each making my smile grow wider. "Sorry I'm late guys. Technical difficulties."

"Don't worry." Rae's voice dominates over the rest, "Corpse still isn't here so we're waiting for him."

I mute myself on the Discord call and take a look at my comments. I'm most flattered by the comments about my voice. Seeing as how they don't have much to compliment about me other than my content, they make the nicest comments about my voice, personality and humor. Those comments are the ones who warm my heart most. Even when people in my day to day life compliment my appearance I can't find it in me to believe they are being genuine. I'd like to believe these amazing people are being one hundred percent honest when they tell me they like me for who I am and not for what I might look like.

"Sorry I'm late guys." A deep voice causes me to even physically jolt, switching my focus from the comments to the Among Us lobby where my eyes land on the newly materialized black avatar.

"Hi Corpse." Rae greets him.

"Hello mister who broke Twitter!" Sean laughs, provoking the laughter of the rest of the players.