The Cliché Of All Clichés *

Author: https://thefanficmonster.tumblr.com/

Sequel to: Broken Bottles and HEarts

Corpse Husband x Reader (Female)

Warnings: Swearing, Injury

Genre: Fluff, Romance

--------

I'm currently racking through my kitchen cabinets, looking for snacks I could enjoy while watching the gang play Among Us while drunk. Now, even though I'm not playing officially, it's not like I won't be participating in the fun part of it. Not that Among Us isn't fun, far from it actually, but the FUN fun part is the drinking and that's what my mildly-alcoholic ass. I don't usually indulge in snacks, but I can't just knock back drinks on an empty stomach. Some chips will have to do.

I have made a pretty good system for myself - two vodka shots every time a body is reported/an emergency meeting is called; a chug of beer when someone is ejected; and a shot every time someone goes 'I'll drink to that' which is most likely gonna be Corpse.

I settle at my desk and open several Chrome tabs, each playing a different person's stream though I'm pretty sure I'll stick to Rae's for the majority of the time. Rae has become a great friend of mine, I met her when Corpse introduced me into an Among Us lobby one day and we've been chatting ever since. Thanks to Rae I got closer with the rest of the girls as well like Poki and Lily. I have broadened my friend squad thanks to Corpse. However, I might have also broadened it because of him.

I know it sounds weird and it's downright ridiculous but I have been trying to find more people to spend time with and befriend. It's not fair nor to them, nor to Corpse nor to me. I should've known better than to resort to this tactic. I could've literally done anything else - talking for example! - instead of trying to 'replace' Corpse. That's an incredibly mean, low and bitchy thing to do and I can't even express how shitty it makes me feel to be doing it. Why have I not stopped doing it? Because, oddly enough, it works. It works well. It takes my mind off Corpse and the unreciprocated feelings. Plus it's not like he notices anything.

And it's not like I'm replacing him because, if I'm being honest, no one can replace him in my life. If he leaves me I'll be left with a giant gaping black hole in my existence. Without him, nothing would make sense. I hate how dependent I am on having him, and there's no way that's healthy, but there's also no way for me to change it. I can just pretend by introducing new people into my life.

All of this pretend is nothing but temporary and overall sad. Still, it's better than nothing.

It doesn't take me a while to start knocking back vodka shots - Corpse, Rae and Jack are big on the 'I'll drink to that' line so I've already had to down four shots (yes, Corpse has said it twice in the span of the ten minutes that I've been watching). No ejections, reports or emergency meeting yet though. I switch to Toast's stream in the meantime just to see that he's impostor. I stick around with his stream because cause, let's be honest, watching an impostor is more fun than a crewmate.

I observe as Toast goes up in Electrical where he finds Rae. In the blink of an eye, Rae is dead and Toast has self-reported.

"Smooth criminal." I mumble under my breath, knocking back two shots with a smirk. At this rate, I can kiss my liver goodbye by the end of the stream. Either that or change my game's rules.

I switch to Rae's stream to hear her thoughts on being dead and she is not too happy to say the least.

"Woooow! The audacity! Just come up and kill me, huh? Just like that? Wooow Toast." Rae is basically a lightweight, not that it has ever stopped her in drinking as she has told me. She's on a good high road of being tipsy right now and I'm prepared to enjoy.