Never Satisfied [Teaser] (Collab)

Author: https://thefanficmonster.tumblr.com/

Corpse Husband x Original Female Character

Warnings: Language (possibly more?)

Collaboration between Vy & Ashens 🖤 

-------------------------------------

"this criminal is stealing my fires, what the fuck?!"

Life is a rollercoaster, it always has been. One moment he feels at the top of the world and the very next he's upside down at the bottom, wishing the ride would come to a stop as soon as possible. Things that shouldn't be difficult, things average people would consider the norm to him were the equivalent of walking on glass, each step sending shocks of pain throughout his body, anxiety pumping his blood with adrenaline that provoked his fight or flight response. And after choosing 'fight' so many times, he's more than prepared to choose 'flight'.

But as he sits in the Walmart parking lot, he's talking himself out of that habit of running from discomfort. He doesn't want to battle it either, he just wants to face it and prove he's strong enough to defeat it if he tried. Well, anxiety is laughing in his face right now, mocking him by the shaking of his hands and the tight sensation in his gut and throat.
He's here for what's supposed to be just a quick shopping trip. Just to buy a few things! That's all he has to do. However, he can't bring himself to get out of his beige Subaru and walk into the store.

I'm just hungry, right? Or maybe tired, he thought to himself.

That's what everyone told him - that anxiety was caused by something simple to solve but hard to realize when your mind is in a frenzy. He's planning on getting something to eat to calm his nerves. If that doesn't work, to hell with it. He has been improvising plan B's all his life, this wouldn't be anything new.

With a shaky sigh Corpse looks at his radio, switching stations until his luck smiles at him when he comes across a BONES song and turns it up just enough to not overwhelm his senses. He has been needing some kind of a distraction all day, why not gravitate to the one thing that felt real, as if sent to save him from the mess within his head.
Putting the car into drive, he pulls out of the parking lot and into the nearest fast food drive thru. A plain burger with cheese so his stomach doesn't act up, fries and an unsweetened tea.

This will have to do. He isn't even hungry, and the thought of the greasy food only made his stomach churn worse but he knew he needed to eat something in hopes of it having the effects he was told it would have - magically cure his overwhelmingly hard to handle anxiety.

Once he got his food, he returned to the department store lot and parked in a far back spot. He has opened the paper bag to dig his food out, grimacing at all the grease and the smell of the cheap meal that wasted no time invading his car. He really isn't hungry, but he hasn't eaten all day and he's aware of the toll the lack of food is taking on his system. He knows better than to work against himself in a moment like this when his mind is already working against him.

Chomping down on a fry, Corpse savors the salt as it hits his tongue and takes a moment to let his shoulders loosen and hang low. Something about the salt and fat seemed to make his body feel better. He tosses his head back slightly as he flicks a few stray strands of hair out of his eyes, reaching into the bag and grabbing another fry.

He's been content with sitting in his car, eating and trying to quell the anxiety bubbling up under his ribs and in his throat. There's a sense of peace to it and to the loneliness of it. He doesn't mind being alone, though. That's how he prefers to be actually. Dwelling on that thought too long has had the tendency to kill even the smallest spec of a positive energy he possessed in the past so he avoids it for his own peace of mind. The feeling of his heart thundering in his chest to nothing more than his own unconscious is being muffled by the soft rap music coming from the car speakers, him having chosen to pay attention to that instead.