Inky Memories ⨀*

Author: https://thefanficmonster.tumblr.com/

Corpse Husband x Reader (Female)

Warnings: Swearing, Drug Use (Past), Domestic Violence (Past), Shoplifting (Past)

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Summary: Tattoos can reveal a lot about a person. What will Y/N's tattoos, which she has kept hidden for so long, reveal to Corpse? Will it change anything between them?

---------------

"Guys, come on now! I'm not hiding anything!" I laugh, looking up from the comments to the camera, "You know how much I hate being embarrassed! Believe me when I say these tattoos are EMBERRASSING. I got them while I was either drunk or in my emo phase and I'm not too proud of them."

I'm currently doing an Instagram live Q&A session that I scheduled last week. I do one every month and it's my favorite way of connecting with my audience. An hour of chill lo-fi and questions and answers. I get really excited every time I schedule the session. My fans are such amazing people and they are all so supportive, funny, intelligent...I could go on and on about their positive qualities. One thing I'm not too fond of is their persistent curiosity. Here's why.

Yesterday, while streaming, I got an unexpected pain in my forearm. Instinctively, I lifted my shirt sleeve to see what was wrong, flashing a few tattoos at my viewers in the process. I've never mentioned my tattoos to my audience, not even my boyfriend, actually, so to have this much attention on them so suddenly makes me want to hide them even more. People started commenting on them during the stream and I tried to dodge the majority of the questions, but I knew they would be inevitable during the Q&A. If the session hadn't been scheduled for like a week at that point I maybe would've postponed it until the dust settled.

"I have several. Not only on my arm." I only answer these vague questions. I avoid the ones that are asking details like what is depicted with the tattoos and what's their meaning, bla, bla, bla.

Here's the thing. I got my first tattoo when I was fifteen at this shady alley tattoo shop and I've been obsessed with tattoos since. I made a deal with myself to get at least one every year.

Needless to say, I'm twenty years old and have almost the same number of tattoos. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed of them. And I lied when I said they were embarrassing. I am quite happy with them, the way they look, at least. Each of them represent something different. Unfortunately, they are representative of some dark and depressing times. Times I want only the fewest of few people to know about.

"Yes, he's here. You can't see him, but he's waving. He says hi." Corpse is the perfect distraction. My viewers love him just as much - maybe more - as they love me.

He knows how easily I get overwhelmed by the attention and pressure of thousands of eyes on me and whenever I'm having a hard time while streaming all he has to do is walk in my recording room and just say the most random thing. Recently, his go-to phrase has been 'Chicken wing' and it always cracks up both me and my viewers.

Speaking of Corpse, him and I have been dating for over a year now. We moved in together a month or two before quarantine was officially a thing so we have been together 24/7. It's scary how many things you can pick up on when you spend so much time with someone. That, of course, means he has noticed some of my tattoos. He has asked me about them, like why I cover them up and why am I so secretive about them and I've always been vague and indirect with my answers. He's the sweetest and most patient person ever, so he has never pressed me with the questions, but I'm still hoping to gain the courage to reveal them to him someday.