Tell Me It's Not Too Late (Sequel to 'Switchblade') ⨀ *

Author: https://thefanficmonster.tumblr.com/

(Sequel to )

Corpse Husband x Reader (Female)

Warnings: Heartbreak, Swearing

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Summary: When is it considered 'too late' when it comes to expressing feelings? Is there even a time limit? Is the chance only momentary - is it a second that passes you by with no possibility of returning? All Corpse can do is hope that's not the case. Cause if it is.....he'd rather not think about that.

----------

I end my stream after almost three hours of constant scares. I sigh, slipping the headset off my ears so it's hanging around my neck. I don't feel that fulfilling feeling that I'm always met with upon ending a stream. I look at the countless scratches and little holes on the surface of my desk - evidence of the fear and frustration I experience while playing certain games. Not all of them are caused by that, however - Coming home after possibly the most humiliating night of my life, that desk and a few other pieces of furniture suffered my wrath and are now decorated with stab wounds that were a result of uncontrollable rage, hurt, self-hatred and self-pity. It took me a while to put an end to my hazardous, switchblade wielding rampage throughout my house, but the tears didn't stop until the early morning hours.

I didn't care that my feelings weren't reciprocated. That was and is the least of my troubles. The most amount of hurt comes from the fact that I ruined something wonderful for myself. Corpse is the only person I've felt this close to all my life and now, due to my own poor decision making, I no longer have him. He no longer wants to be a part of the shit-show that is my life. Especially not now that he knows how messy things get when I show my forever-hidden feelings. I can't blame him. I know I'd be running for the hills if I were him. He deserves a person who knows what's going on in their life. Who has themselves and their surroundings figured out. Not someone who has an irregular streaming schedule and catches feelings for her best friend, ruining the friendship altogether in the process.

As I stand up from my chair, accidentally hitting the handle of the switchblade on the edge of my desk. I look down at it and how tightly I'm holding it. I seem to not be able to let go of it. Almost like I see it as my last bit of link to Corpse. The remnants of the connection I felt between us.

Maybe I should return it.

No, that'd be weird. I'd either have to go over there and give it back or send it via mail which is worse. It just feels like a harsh gesture - mailing something so meaningful as though it's as worthless as the bills people get in the mail. I can't send it through others, I don't want anyone else getting involved. The more people know, the more real it is.

I'm aware I'm being both overdramatic and irrational, but you have to understand how much pain I'm in. I can't guarantee the pain will go away or even lessen if I let this switchblade go, but it's the only thing I haven't tried.

Only problem is - I can't let it go. I can't find it in me to destroy it or throw it away. A part of me is willing to take the suffering of keeping it just cause it wants to hold on to that little connection it resembles. It's evidence it existed to begin with. I believe it's worth the pain. The hurt will go away eventually, but the memories are forever. I'll look back at the time I had an amazing person such as Corpse to call 'best friend' and I'll have something to prove to myself that it wasn't a fever dream.

"Oh for fuck's sake." I mumble as I finally uncurl my fingers from around the damn thing and put in down on my desk.

I take the headset off and proceed to head out onto the balcony to light what I call a 'stress cigarette'. I'm not a regular smoker, but when everything just caves, I prefer to resort to a quick puff rather than grabbing a drink. I can say no to a second cigarette but not to a second drink. That second will then turn into a third and so on. And I don't trust myself when drunk. I don't personally know, but I've been told I'm rather unpredictable.