The New Kid 2

Several hours later of being in school it's finally time to leave this shit hole. Learned about absolute nothing. Papers on top of papers that my parents need to sign. This shit is stupid. But, now it is my favorite time of the day, that's to hang out.

"Hey, wanna go to the new cafe down the street? I heard it's the best thing ever." My best friend asks.

"Um, hell yeah. Should we invite him?" I point over to Michael. He's walking by himself.

"Yeah. Let's do it." Being the loud mouth I am I holler.

"Hey, Michael! Wait up!" I am not about to run. He stops looking at us. We finally made it over to him.

"W-What's up? Do you need something?"

"Yeah, wanna grab something to eat? There's this new cafe down the street."

"I-I c-can't s-sorry." I ain't buying it. I grab his hand putting it in mine walking. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"I don't believe it. Your going anyways. Stop being shy." Am I really holding his hand right now?
Damn it's soft.

About 10-15 minutes later we finally made it to the little cafe. It's pretty big. And very packed with lots of people. More than 20.

"Damn, I didn't know it was going to be this busy. I don't know if we'll get a table or not." My best friend Rachel says.

"We can try it. Come on." I just realized that we were still holding hands. I let go of his hand and when I did it seemed that he didn't want to let go.

We walked in and we were immediately greeted by one of the waitresses. She showed us to our table giving us our menus. I noticed that she was checking Michael out.

"Hello, name is Tonya and I'll be your waitress. What would you guys like to drink? If you need time that's fine I can come back."

"I just want pink lemonade please." That's my favorite drink.

"Do you have orange juice?" Michael asks. Who drinks orange juice at this time of day? But she nods.

"That's what I'll have." She smiles nodding.

"Ummm I'll take Dr. Pepper." She writes it down excusing herself.

"Michael, that girl was totally checking you out." I'm so glad she decided to bring it up.

"S-she was? I d-didn't notice." He seemed interested. Nervous but interested.

"Mhm. As soon as she seen you. You better get her." She smirks. I turn my head rolling eyes. I don't understand why I'm letting this bother me. We aren't dating. We just met. We only held hands. That doesn't mean anything.

"I-I don't know." I could see his cheeks turn to a light shade of pink from being shy.

"I think you guys would make a cute couple. At least just talk to her. Get her number. Ain't that right Aaliyah? She was totally checking him out." I shrug.

"I don't know. It isn't my problem." Then she comes back with our drinks. Michael stands up.

"Hey, Tonya? Do you have a minute? I would like to talk to you for just a quick minute."

"Sure of course. Just follow me." She smiles and he follows her and I can't believe this.

"Damn, I didn't think he was going to do it." She says laughing. I stay quiet though. Not even a couple minutes later he comes back over here smiling from ear to ear sitting down.

"I got her number and we are going to hang out Saturday. Damn, she looks so damn good as well." I all of a sudden lost my appetite. I went into my bag digging out my money laying it on the table.

"There's my half. I-I gotta go." I get up quickly walking out of the restaurant. I walk back towards the school to get my car so I can head home.

Why am I getting so bothered with by this? It shouldn't bother me so much, or at all. Like he can do whatever he wants with whoever he wants. Just like I can. I don't know what's wrong with me. When we held hands I felt a connection but sometimes that happens. I can't already have feelings for someone that I don't know. It isn't easy for me to like someone or be attracted to someone. Why does he have to come in with his sexiness and fuck up my feelings? What is so special? He's just a regular guy. I've never liked someone so quickly. I just need to go home and take a nap.

I finally got to my car, getting in it, starting it heading home. Only a couple minutes later I was home. I turned my car off, grabbing my bag, getting out, shutting my door locking it.

When I get in the house, I opened my bag getting out my folder that has all my papers that I need signed by my mom. I set it on the table where she normally sits at. I run up the stairs going to my room putting on some comfy clothes. Just a t-shirt and shorts. I throw my hair into a messy bun before laying down, turning my tv on to watch Hulu. Gotta finish my show Lucifer. Then my phone went off. I looked down and I didn't recognize the number. I unlocked my phone opening it up.

"Hey Aaliyah, this is Michael. I asked Rachel for your number. I just wanted to see if you were okay." I sigh. Why? Why me?

"Yeah, I'm good." I just kept it sweet, short and simple.

"What happened if you don't mind me asking?" I do mine!

"Don't worry about it."

"Um alright?" I don't respond to him. Thankfully, he leaves me alone for the rest of the evening.

Then Rachel texted me.

"Bitch, why did you just storm away without an explanation?!"

"My stomach was hurting." I lied.

"Mhm! Lies! You like Michael don't you?" She says seriously.

"No. No Rachel, I do not like him. I don't know him enough to like him. He's only a friend. Nothing more."

"Mhm. I don't believe that bull shit. I seen your mood change when he went to go talk to that girl. Can't fool me bitch."

"I don't care. I don't like him."

"Whatever. We will talk tomorrow." I don't respond.

In fact, I'm going to sleep. I plugged my phone in before going to sleep.

*

Ugh school again. I'm already almost there. I didn't even dress up. I wore a sweat shirt and leggings. I have no one to impress. Matter of fact, I don't care. I park my car, grabbing my stuff, walking inside the school.

"Aaliyah!" Oh god please no. I look over at him coming towards me and fuck if he don't look good without trying. Like really, a white t-shirt with a blue varsity jacket on, black jeans and a pair of blue vans that matched his jacket.

"Hi." I say before walking away.

"Aaliyah, sweetheart what's wrong?" What did he just call me!?

"Don't ever call me that again. And nothing is wrong Michael." And the unexpected happened.

"Don't let her fool you. She likes you." Rachel? Out of everyone saying that.

I walk away heading towards my home room class. They are still back there talking. I hand all my papers in telling him that I've been sick since yesterday but I just wanted to turn it in on time. He lets me go and I walk out of the class room. Heading towards the stairs I run into the both of them. I walk around them and when I don't turn around when they holler my name they followed me. Rachel touched my shoulder and I turned around real quick.

"Could you both just fuck off!? Like leave me the actual hell alone! I don't even wanna fucking talk to you Rachel! Some fucking friend you are! I'm done! Have each other! I'm out bitches!" I leave the school without turning back.

Fuck her! Fuck everyone! So sick and tired of this stupid shit already!

How dare she just accuse me of liking someone I have only known for 24 hours? You can't just make accusations like that and expect me not to get pissed. Actually, I'm not pissed, I'm furious!