Behind the Mask

(Credit goes to: @80s_baby123 I hope you enjoy it!)

Michael has been a lonely man for such a long time now. Ever since the accusations back in the 90s happened no one wanted to be around him. After his horrible divorce with Lisa during the investigation life didn't get easier.

The press was eating him for all that he was worth. All of his millions supporters turned their backs away from him. His management/team quit their jobs. No record label wanted to sign him on. His family didn't want anything to do with him. Michael felt more alone than what he did growing up in the industry.

Luckily, one gloomy day he bumped into this beautiful woman. Michael has never seen anything like her before. This beautiful biracial woman, with bright green eyes, a perfect smile was in his presence right before him. He had this not all too familiar feeling in his body, it confused him on what it was. He pushed it to the side.

"Oh my god, you are Michael Jackson!" This mystery girl exclaimed. It caused Michael to blush making his cheeks burn. "What are you doing out here alone??"

"I just decided to take a walk." He sadly giggled.

"But you have millions of fans! The media will show up and you have no one to protect you!" It warmed Michael's cold heart because he finally found someone who cared.

"I think I will be fine. I have been out here for quite some time now and no one has noticed me. Except you." He smiled a little smile. "What are you doing walking these streets alone?"

"I was suppose to be meeting my date here at the coffee shop." Michael's smile disappeared when he heard the word date. "But he took blew me off so I was just walking home." Michael didn't know who that guy was, but for some reason he just wanted to beat the guy for standing up such a beautiful woman.

"How far away is your home from here?"

"It's only a 15 minute walk." That made Michael even more angry. Knowing this beautiful woman walked 15 minutes out of her way to get here just for her date to be canceled.

"Well, let me walk you home. Such a beautiful woman like you shouldn't be walking these streets alone by herself. You never know nowadays, stalkers could be lurking, someone could kidnap, or a shooting could happen. This world is horrible, I couldn't live with myself knowing that you didn't make it home safely."

"Michael you don't have to do that. I'm sure you have a busy schedule that you have to get back to. I'm sure I will be fine." She smiled to assure him, but he wasn't falling for it.

"It's really no bother. Let me walk you home." She agreed by nodding her head. "I didn't catch your name?"

"How rude of me! My name is Bailee." She blushed which caused him to smile.

"Well it is very nice to meet you Bailee." Michael loved each letter rolling off of his tongue. "Are you from around here?"

"No, I'm actually from Toronto. I moved here a year ago because I got accepted to UCLA."

"What are you studying?"

"Psychology. In my family we have a lot of mental illnesses, I know what it is like seeing those type of people, who need help but haven't gotten it. I just want to help people who want to be helped."

"I think you would be wonderful. Maybe you could become my therapist." He smiled genuinely.

"Oh, that would be awesome! But you seem like the type who doesn't want to talk about their problems." He sighed sadly.

"It's not that I don't want to. It's just that no one believes anything that I say and shuts me away. I have been on my own for too many damn years, so I am used to having my problems to my fucking self." He snapped a little bit which startled her.